Premed 101 Forums

Which schools consider Canadians OOS?

So one of my friends was telling me that some American schools consider Canadians Out of State and others consider them International.

If you look at the percentages interviewed by schools, you will notice a significant difference (OOS is much higher than INT)

Has anyone ever found out how each school treats Canadians?

Thanks!

In the Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted thread I saw the following message by one of the posters..

"we are technically considered "OOS" for state funded US Medical Schools for admissions purposes. For financial aid purposes, we are considered "international"."

I am just wondering if the schools that consider Canadians as OOS for admissions purposes are known...

No one's tried to compile a list because it's not that relevant...

What's important is where people get interviewed/accepted. I'd bet more people get into schools that consider us internationals than those that consider us OOS (mostly public schools).

Ok makes sense.

Btw, Alastriss and token yesterday I was reading the Accepted/Rejected thread and it was nice to see you guys' stories throughout the admission process...

token you are going to Vanderbilt, Alastriss where are you going?

I will be around here for a while for this cycle so hope to get some useful advices from you guys.

Thanks!

Archived