Premed 101 Forums

minimum cutoffs for western leading to interview?

Hi,

Congradulations to everyone who has been accepted already to western and for the future waitlistees that are going to be accepted! You guys worked hard and you deserve it!

I am new to forum posting but have been a long time creeper. I will be applying in the fall and it seems that I have a question that might have already answered but not directly.

To get an interview.. is it possible with just the cut-off of now a 3.75 FOR ONE YEAR (hopefully it doesnt go up again next year) providing that all the criteria are met full course load,no less than 8 and 30 mcat (because of SWOMEN), 3/5 that year level etc. Now would one year like that be enough to get an interview? As far as I know.. everyone nowadays applying to medical school is more than qualified. Wouldn't ALOT of candidates get an interview this way?

I have finished three of my undergraduate years and would like to know where I stand accordingly for western. I appreciate any advice!

You can apply if you have just a 3.75 in one of your years, and get accepted conditionally, with that condition being you get at least another 3.75 in the following year (the one during which your interview is held).

And yes you just need to get the cut offs on the mcat :) IT is pretty common for someone to get snagged on one of the MCAT sections if he/she is not SWOMEN.

Obviously Western can handle the interview load, and interviews I suppose don't equal acceptance. Some schools have higher GPA cut offs but no MCAT (ottawa for instance), or have the final score completely off of the interview (Queens, U of S for OOP for instance). Western it seems still considers GPA/MCAT after the interview which means higher GPA students still have an advantage.

Hi,

Congradulations to everyone who has been accepted already to western and for the future waitlistees that are going to be accepted! You guys worked hard and you deserve it!

I am new to forum posting but have been a long time creeper. I will be applying in the fall and it seems that I have a question that might have already answered but not directly.

To get an interview.. is it possible with just the cut-off of now a 3.75 FOR ONE YEAR (hopefully it doesnt go up again next year) providing that all the criteria are met full course load,no less than 8 and 30 mcat (because of SWOMEN), 3/5 that year level etc. Now would one year like that be enough to get an interview? As far as I know.. everyone nowadays applying to medical school is more than qualified. Wouldn't ALOT of candidates get an interview this way?

I have finished three of my undergraduate years and would like to know where I stand accordingly for western. I appreciate any advice!

Archived