Premed 101 Forums

POLL: which major would you choose?

If you know that you want to become a doctor 100%, what major would you choose?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you know that you want to become a doctor 100%, what major would you choose?

• Honours Science, because it gives you more flexibility to take easier courses & get higher GPA
    • Any other life sciences major, like H. Biology, for a more set major (for grad school)

Hey guys,

I know that it's been said many times before that it doesn't really matter what you major in because GPA is more important. But, I still would like to know the statistics of people's opinions on it.

why? it doesn't matter. end of story.

Good call. My gf's in music, and she works harder than any science student I know, and she loves it.

lol nothing against music! I just picked something completely different then the options above...

And I hold an Arts degree albeit in Kin, and a BHSc

Why not do a flexible program that also sets you up perfectly for Grad school? I was in honours biochem at UWO for 3 years, and in my 4th year switched into Honours medical science to have more flexibility. My final year was by far my highest year GPA and % avg wise (fortunately switching to med sci helped me avoid some really difficult biochem courses) and set me up perfectly for grad school... will be doing that next year!

Med School: Only thing that matters is your GPA!!! Seriously. That is all.

Med School: Only thing that matters is your GPA!!! Seriously. That is all.

Lollll. Gotcha!;)

The problem is that my school doesn't really provide that many different majors in faculty of science. Sometimes I wonder why I even chose this school...

Btw, have you not applied this cycle?

Lollll. Gotcha!;)

The problem is that my school doesn't really provide that many different majors in faculty of science. Sometimes I wonder why I even chose this school...

Btw, have you not applied this cycle?

No luck for me this cycle, my MCAT was too low. I'm not applying next cycle either since I have decided to do a Masters degree. :cool: Will hopefully be good to go the cycle after (my supervisor said he'd help me try to find a project that should be doable in 2 years... well, to the best of his ability anyway).

Archived