Premed 101 Forums

Anyone out of province, waitlisted then accepted?

queens makes no distinction between oop and ip...and cgpa and mcat dont matter post interview...

just a thought..one would think that if one applied, one would have figured that out at some point along the way...but maybe i have too high expectations of my doctors...like common sense

I am quite aware of the fact that Queen's makes no distinctions between IP and OP, but look at the class list historically. There are very few OP students attending this University. It may very well be that fact that OP students accept offers at their home university but it could also be the fact that Queen's has slight favoritism to Ontario universities.

In regards to cGPA and MCAT, it does matter post interview because they can't possibly just rank you by your interview scores. What if people obtained the same score? Then they have to rank you by your cGPA and MCAT.

I have considered this scenario quite a bit, so please do not say I do not have common sense. You do not know me and I would appreciate it if I did not receive such rude comments.

Sniff.

Sorry.

I didn't mean it.

But to be perfectly frank, overanalysis is what killed the cat, and if you would like to make a prediction on your own application based on the possibility of whether anyone on the premed forum (probably not a representative sample of the applicant population) got in OOP and what their MCAT and cGPA were, without having any knowledge of their interview beyond perhaps their own point of view, then I put forth that your endeavor is near pointless.

And to propose a plausible reason for this: The reason noone gets in out of province is because if you are from, say saskatchewan and have a competitive enough application to get waitlisted at queens, where there is no preference, then you are ip at sasku, probably got in there, and are more likely to choose it. I would suggest that to most people, they would prefer to stay close to home rather than travel across the country to go to Kingston (which is not a knock on the school, more one on the city, before someone attacks me for that).

And before you say it, yes, I do get my morning kicks looking around the premed fora for ridiculous comments to reply to.

I distinctly remember the interviewers writing down exactly what I was saying, at least part of the time. In fact, they asked me to repeat the name of an organization that I volunteer for, so that they could write it down properly.

Maybe they break ties by looking over these "interview transcripts" and deciding on the value of the extracurriculars mentioned?

I distinctly remember the interviewers writing down exactly what I was saying, at least part of the time. In fact, they asked me to repeat the name of an organization that I volunteer for, so that they could write it down properly.

Maybe they break ties by looking over these "interview transcripts" and deciding on the value of the extracurriculars mentioned?

Mine didn't write anything during my interview. I'm hoping its because I was that memorable... yes ... thats why ...

Archived