Premed 101 Forums

Wait list moving

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyone have a general idea of what the chances of getting in now (after the big movement) are? starting to lose any hope..

i heard that there is usually movement after the 13th but if ottawa's provisional offers become firm then, i dont see how that would open up spots

That's so funny - my husband keeps playing that song for me - so cheesy (for Sopranos fans, its from the last scene). It's hard not smile with those over the top 70's riffs. Anyway, lets hope there's good news tomorrow. I've also heard that good waitlist often gets in, however from experience last year that wasn't the case - perhaps the list was to inflated b/c they went into the badlist the year before. Anyhoo, lets hope the numbers stabilized and those estimated to receive a call will indeed receive a call.

Now, let's all sing together: "Don't stop - believing....just hold on to that fee-ling!!!"

But I digress...

yo hang in there guys!!!

i know how stressful it is to be on the waitlist...it can make a person go psycho

my advice: drink beer, a lot of it... :D

hahaha :) Might I recommend Bud Light Lime or Keiths White ;)

Keep your fingers crossed everyone

June 12th is the provisional acceptance deadline

June 19th is the deadline for the additional deposit to be received for the provisional deadline

so its likely that some spots should open up after those dates

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Im going crazy here. Does anybody know if those accepted off the waitlist reply right away when Chantal calls them, or if they reply through OMSAS? I am asking because I am trying to determine if Chantal would continue calling people off the waitlist after she hears replies over the phone, or if she is waiting until the provisional acceptance date to determine how many offers were turned down from the initial waitlistees offered a spot. I am hoping for the later. Either way I think it is time I get on with my life and take the mcat. I was really hoping the good waitlist would be more promising for me:( oh well life goes on!

Hello all.

I have a good news for you. I went to med Ed to pick up a letter yesterday and i saw two people physically came and dropped their rejection letters. And the Admission lady ( Chantal???) mentioned that she will call two people on the list Monday afternoon. So two more people are going to be happy..

Good luck

Sara kj (2010)

Archived