Premed 101 Forums

Satellite campuses (Niagara) - housing

Hi guys,

Are there any recommendations for housing in Niagara (good areas/not-so-good areas, expensive/affordable, proximity to classes and tutorials, etc.). I'm not too familiar with the city itself, so any input from those who've already found housing or who are looking for housing in that area would be great!

Thank you - looking forward to meet everyone!

Hi guys,

Are there any recommendations for housing in Niagara (good areas/not-so-good areas, expensive/affordable, proximity to classes and tutorials, etc.). I'm not too familiar with the city itself, so any input from those who've already found housing or who are looking for housing in that area would be great!

Thank you - looking forward to meet everyone!

I grew up in a town in Niagara... where in St. Catharines is the campus and maybe I could make a few suggestions.

edit: I looked it up.... growing up... the downtown St. Catharines area not the nicest place in the world, but not the worst either... If you had a car... I'd aim to find something in the north of the city.... up on Martindale or in Port Dalhousie.... mind you I'm sure there stuff right downtown if you want to walk.

http://www.gscrentals.com/Apartments/St-Catharines/

check this out.... apartments are pretty cheap and you can google maps some locations

I grew up in a town in Niagara... where in St. Catharines is the campus and maybe I could make a few suggestions.

edit: I looked it up.... growing up... the downtown St. Catharines area not the nicest place in the world, but not the worst either... If you had a car... I'd aim to find something in the north of the city.... up on Martindale or in Port Dalhousie.... mind you I'm sure there stuff right downtown if you want to walk.

http://www.gscrentals.com/Apartments/St-Catharines/

check this out.... apartments are pretty cheap and you can google maps some locations

I communted to St. C. for work for a couple of years. Downtown isn't great, but it is not bad. Got some nice resturants.

Hey guys, I'm in the 2011 class. The area immediately surrounding the hospital isn't the nicest, but you can definitely find some nice housing within walking/biking distance. Try checking out the area between Niagara Street and Ontario Street, between Welland and Carlton - there are some nice houses for rent in that area.

Most people in the class drive to campus, if you plan on that, then you can expand your search to the area around the Pen Centre, or North of the QEW. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about specific locations!

Archived