Premed 101 Forums

Med admission consultant

No, I did not:) , I applied to only one school and did not make it to the interview.:( . It was a great learning experience though and as I enter my final UG year, I will apply to several ON schools in Sept '09 and Que. schools in Jan. '10. I do not intend to use a consultant.

Thank you Lactic Folly, I accept your generous offer below and there is a PM awaiting you.

I've formally (as in, worked as a paid consultant) worked with quite a few people (~18ish) both through this board and in the Toronto area in general. Consultations are valuable in different ways to different people. If you are set in your ways and are not willing to hear critical and constructive feedback (as many premeds are), don't bother wasting your money. If you are willing to trust your consultant and at least listen to ideas, and would like another person (that understands the process) to bounce ideas off of, it can be incredibly valuable.

Of course, ultimately, consultants can only do so much. It is your experiences, your transcripts, your MCAT. If the consultant knows what they are doing, they can help you paint your best autobiographical portrait in the context of medicine. But ultimately, there are no guarentees.

Archived