Premed 101 Forums

I was wondering if, in addition to sending in the TRF, we also need to contact our Registrar's Office to make sure the transcript is sent, or if this is all automatically done by OMSAS...

:) Anyone have any insight?

From what I understand, we send the TRF directly to OMSAS and they take care of it.

Though my question is... how long does that usually take before OMSAS receiving the TRF and the transcript actually being sent? Also... do we get a confirmation of some sort?

Related to this I did notice that the payment was taken off my visa card. Gave me some assurance something was happening :)

hey guys,

I called OMSAS about it a couple weeks ago and they said that if you log on and look at the summary of your received reference letters and transcripts it will say "2" rather than "1" in the transcript section indicating they have received your transcript.

But if it was a condition on your acceptance to show that your degree was confered (I think that may be specific to UWO that requires a 4-year degree) and you checked that box off in the TRF then your university will only send it after your convocation ceremony. OMSAS assured me that Western would receive my transcript before June 30th. Also, I had to send in two TRF's because in my first TRF I asked that my transcript be sent immediately before my convocation date so just a heads up if anyone else did that.

Thanks for the heads up, melest.

My transcript has gone through, so the entire process took about 2~3 business days. Awesome!

Regarding what melest said about convocation... I submitted one transcript now to meet the June 30th deadline. If you are graduating in the fall instead of this summer, you need another transcript sent later on to prove that you are graduating. In the meanwhile, though, you *also* need to prove to UWO that you are eligible to graduate in the fall and that in fact you will (Admissions told me to submit proof of my eligibility by August. This is something your own registrar should be able to take care of)

Thanks for the heads up, melest.

My transcript has gone through, so the entire process took about 2~3 business days. Awesome!

Regarding what melest said about convocation... I submitted one transcript now to meet the June 30th deadline. If you are graduating in the fall instead of this summer, you need another transcript sent later on to prove that you are graduating. In the meanwhile, though, you *also* need to prove to UWO that you are eligible to graduate in the fall and that in fact you will (Admissions told me to submit proof of my eligibility by August. This is something your own registrar should be able to take care of)

Yup, mine is there as well, so that is good!

Archived