Premed 101 Forums

Two questions: Summer school policy, physics

aani

If one took a summer course at a different university than the one they regularly go to...and the mark doesnt show up on their transcript (only shows up as complete), will med schools still be able to see the mark? Like would they request for that transcript from the other school?

Also, I just realized that I might have to take the second part of physics and the second part of orgo...and im not the best at these courses. Could anyone suggest books that would let me get up to speed in these classes?

Thanks!

If one took a summer course at a different university than the one they regularly go to...and the mark doesnt show up on their transcript (only shows up as complete), will med schools still be able to see the mark? Like would they request for that transcript from the other school?

Thanks!

If the transcript from your university only shows Pass/Fail that is not helpful if the mark is required for purposes of calculating GPA. The 'different' university will have that mark but if you are doing the course under your regular university as a transfer or exchange student, I believe there will be no transcript issued to you that shows your mark. So, it seems the issue is does OMSAS/the med school actually need the mark (considering it is a summer course). Why not go to the OMSAS Booklet, see what the med schools that interest you have to say about this in their website....and if all else fails, send off an email with the facts to an admissions office and see what they have to say. If you need this mark on your transcript for med school purposes, you may have a serious problem, that hopefully you can work out.

Archived