Premed 101 Forums

Canadian Personal Statement Readres

Title is really self-explanatory

I know there is a big reader list on SDN, but I still think it's important to have our own for many reasons.. first, we now have a big community of Canadian matriculants or at least those who were successful in getting an acceptance. Second, the Canadian experiences are going to be different. For example, we don't have enough opportunities for Shadowing, military, or a few more ECs and volunteer channels that seem more established down south. So we need to learn how to make up for that in our PS and application. Third, we have a lot of diversity in Canada and it's also likely that you will find many Canadian applicants who are new Canadians and who have experiences to talk about from back home.. so I think it's vital that our personal statements get the Canadian perspective because it will be more of an expert on these Canadian issues and circumstances.

So if you can read some PS.. let people know here. I'm sure many, like myself, will be really grateful for any feedback!

I will be happy to read a few PSs. But I'm not a native English speaker and this is only my first time applying.. so I can be of some help on the content and general flow but not on grammar, style and vocab. let me know

and if somebody can read mine it will be really appreciated :D

Hi UserName: it's great that you are volunteering. But I would suggest people applying and looking for strangers to read their PS, try to find someone who is currently a medical student or has already been accepted to medical school.

I read several last year but sadly couldn't put as much time into each one as I wanted. Goodluck.

Archived