Premed 101 Forums

UBC Biochemistry Pre-req equivalent at McGill?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what the equivalent at McGill is for UBC's biochemistry pre-requisite? I have searched the message boards for hours and have only found someone who thought that BIOL 200 and 201 are sufficient? Any confirmation would be greatly appreciated! I plan to call Admissions in the morning but thought some wonderfully knowledgable person on the forum would know :)

Cheers!

For any interested parties,

I spoke with the admissions office today and they said that they will accept McGill BIOL 200/201 if already taken as fulfilling the biochemistry pre-requisite. It seems, from what I could infer, as though they are in the process of changing this and perhaps this won't be the case for future application cycles.

Hope this helps anyone out!

Hi,

I spoke to the UBC admissions department about this and here's the deal...

UBC USED TO (ie don't anymore) accept bio 200/bio201 (or bioc/anat 212 if you took that instead) as the pre-req requirement. They DON'T anymore!

Now to fulfill the bioc pre-req you need to have AT LEAST BIOC 212 (or bio 201) AND Bioc 311 (they said ideally they'd prefer bioc 311 and bioc 312 but they know that is not realistic depending on what program your'e in).

Hope that helps!

The admissions department told me that they would accept BIOL 200/201 for this application cycle (as they are in the process of changing the requirement). Joan Munro sent me an email confirming this so maybe if you speak with her, she will allow BIOL 200/201 for this cycle :)

Archived