Premed 101 Forums

Application Package?

Quick question - when is it typical to recieve the final materials (is there such a thing?) from the school. For one thing I need to drop off something confirming I am going to the bank for my LOC, and I was hoping to use a bit of it shortly (if I am getting a car, why not get it now and get to use the thing this summer :))

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're gonna get a car?? Okay, part of me is saying I can just live close to campus, but the cool part of me is just getting jealous...

Heck, if I had a car and lived 2 minutes from campus, I'd still drive to school every day :P

Well I am at least considering it :) Seems like it is a big asset eventually.

I emailer them and they said we will be getting a package mid July after they receive our transcripts and everything is official :)

Yeah I'm holding off on a new car until clerkship... My '93 Honda is gonna have to muster through two more years :S

• 3 weeks later...

That's not true. Having a car in London is definitely not useless, ableit it isn't necessary. And you can definitely make do without it, very easily, as almost everything is accessible by bus.

However, it is very convenient to have one espeically when you are making the trip to the other end of the city for small groups (if they occur in Victoria Hospital). Also, Western is one of the few universities with ample parking, for a fair price you can get a parking pass, and the lot is really close to the med school (like 100 metres away), and because class starts at 8:30, you will always get a spot.

Also, Western is one of the few universities with ample parking, for a fair price you can get a parking pass, and the lot is really close to the med school (like 100 metres away), and because class starts at 8:30, you will always get a spot.

The parking system is brutal for the most part at Western and that's a well-established fact.

The parking system is brutal for the most part at Western and that's a well-established fact.

A lot of undergrads assume that med students can use the parking lot attached to the dental school or the grad student lots. We are classified as undergraduate students which comes with a fantastic bus pass and further parking lots. http://www.uwo.ca/parking/

With that parking pass, you are able to park in the very close lot after 5pm (I think that's the time) and weekends. Great for late night studying.

That said though, you can get a parking pass at UH as well.

Well not sure how that is a well-established fact, I have a parking pass at UWO. It's brutal if you don't have a parking pass.

Darla you may be right about that, however I always noticed that med students parked at the Chemistry lot, which is designated as a grad parking lot?

Well not sure how that is a well-established fact, I have a parking pass at UWO. It's brutal if you don't have a parking pass.

Search "gazette" and "parking" if you really aren't sure. The Gazette online is on and off lately but here's an article from a couple years ago:

http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/article.cfm?section=news&articleID=1121

The article talks about additional spots that are relatively far from Schulich.

Again, a car for campus is not ideal. The only place for which the bus system will cause problems is Victoria Hospital.

Darla you may be right about that, however I always noticed that med students parked at the Chemistry lot, which is designated as a grad parking lot?

There are several med students who get their grad friends to buy them passes to get the sweet spots on campus :)

I'm still happy with my UH spot because it's covered - no snow clearing in the winter. If I lived closer than a 40 minute bus ride to campus though, I would likely take the bus.

original issue of the thread = WHERE IS MY PACKAGE?

haha brutal... so impatient

I thought we had to pay a big part of the tutition shortly as well - assumed that information was in the mythical package :)

Still I guess mid july is next week, should be here soon.

For those wanting more confirmation, If any of you guys are current UWO students, if you get a copy of your transcript it will say "Program: MD Medicine - London and Status: Active". Also if you go on student.uwo.ca, you can actually see MD Medicine - London, under "apply for graduation".

hehehe, yeah somehow this doesn't feel official until I get the package in the mail :)

It REALLY doesnt... I've sent everything in that I need to as well... all mad early cuz I'm still so scared that somehow I will be bumped and not be enrolled in the fall haha... sooo yea... I cant really be at ease till I have some solidarity! lol

I'm gonna forget to mail in something, I know it.

yea... i thought i was too so i called and asked them if I forgot anything and the lady said no... so i asked when we can expect the registration package and shes like "we aren't sure"

blah... worst answer ever... lol

yea... i thought i was too so i called and asked them if I forgot anything and the lady said no... so i asked when we can expect the registration package and shes like "we aren't sure"

blah... worst answer ever... lol

When did you call them about that (that is a horribly vague answer!). Was hoping for something this week to arrive but knowing the med application system as we do by now I suspect there will be more waiting :)

I just got my Western student number emailed to me this morning. I'm assuming everyone else should be receiving this as well. It allows access to our student email and tuition info (they said that info will be available in mid-July).

Anyone got that working yet - mine doesn't seem to be :)

Archived