Premed 101 Forums

HELP!!! Tricky situation in need of advice

Guest mk08

Guest mk08

Uwo requires 10+ courses an academic year for the year to count towards GPA.

Basically, I took 10 courses last year, but one of my final exams in the spring was deferred, and I won't be able to write it until December 2009. The mark won't be out for the course until late December or so... does anyone know if that year will still be considered?

Send them a detailed email explaining what you just told us, e.g., during the normal academic year 2008-09 I took a courseload of 10 courses and due to ......my final exam in course no. was deferred from April 2008 until December 2008. Accordingly, whilst it will appear in my forthcoming OMSAS application to your med school it will appear that I have not taken 10 courses, such is not the case. In the circumstances of my particular situation, can you please confirm that once I have the grade for this course forwarded to you in Dec. or Jan. 2010 that you will consider me as having completed a fullcourse load for purposes of consideration by you.

I wrote them ab out my situation as the suggestion of a poseter on this forum and received a reply within 48 hours (I also wrote to U/T and they never bothered replying). Good luck.

Archived