Premed 101 Forums

Windsor ISPs?

Questions for you current Windsor students about Internet Service Providers (ISPs). I checked the Bell site and it told me that high speed DSL was unavailable in my apartment (Randal Tower on Randolph Place) and I was just wondering if this is just the website screwing up or if the city of Windsor generally has bad Bell DSL availability. I know I could call Bell but they're likely to just say that it's unavailable and not know anything further.

So are any of you in Windsor on Bell DSL or have you heard that it can't be done? Any alternatives? A friend told me about MNSi, I'm going to check them out but any other options would be great too. And before anyone says it, no I don't want Rogers cable internet, I don't like their pricing. Thanks for any input.

I don't know if anyone even cares about this other than me but I found out a few things. I checked with Bell and with AEI and they both told me that DSL is unavailable in my building. I guess the phone lines or fiber optic lines aren't modern enough to run DSL. I asked my super too and she just said that people seem to use cable internet in the building. I'm not sure if this is a Windsor-wide issue or just in my neighbourhood but I thought it might help some of you looking to get connected next month. Seems like the only option is cable internet by Rogers or Cogeco or whoever else. Hope this helps somebody.

I hate to keep re-posting on my own dead thread but I checked with MNSi, which is a Windsor-based DSL company and they are available for my apartment. They also have better conditions- no 12 month contract required (just 30 days notice to cancel), free installation, 34.95 + tax for first 6 months, then 39.95 + tax afterwards for a 5 MBps line. Cheaper than Cogeco if you're not planning on getting any bundled TV or phone service. Check them out here: http://www.mnsi.net/services/residential.html

And I promise to stop posting on this thread now...

Archived