Premed 101 Forums

OESC return time?

You probably already checked the tracking number to make sure that the form you sent was delivered. I'd also check when/if your credit card has been charged because I recieved my letter from them 8 days after my credit was charged.

Most likely, you'll be getting it in the next day or two.

You probably already checked the tracking number to make sure that the form you sent was delivered. I'd also check when/if your credit card has been charged because I recieved my letter from them 8 days after my credit was charged.

Most likely, you'll be getting it in the next day or two.

My credit card hasn't been charged yet and I sent mine in a few weeks ago. From your post, it seems like they charge it near the end of the process, so I shouldn't worried (right?). Also, where is this tracking number found?

I just got mine back today. I sent it via priority mail during the first week of June. If I remember correctly, my credit card was charged about a week ago.

Same here - it does take a while (guess they are not kidding about the 6 weeks....), I am glad I got the form off ASAP :)

Oh no! Am I the only person who wasn't on the ball...? I gave myself 4 weeks, but not six. Organization has always been my weakest point...

I guess instead of fretting I'll email the admissions office and let them know, and hope that it will be ok!

OESC is the criminal background check that needs to be completed and submitted by August 12th. A background check from the local police won't do, instead it needs to be done at this place in Toronto, and in return they send you this OESC card, which essentially allows you to work in ontario hospitals. If you haven't done it yet, I suggest going directly to the office in Toronto, to speed up the process.

OESC is the criminal background check that needs to be completed and submitted by August 12th. A background check from the local police won't do, instead it needs to be done at this place in Toronto, and in return they send you this OESC card, which essentially allows you to work in ontario hospitals. If you haven't done it yet, I suggest going directly to the office in Toronto, to speed up the process.

Yeah it can take a while to arrrive - up to 6 weeks normally, and you are out of time!

It probably won't take that long at this point because there's probably less backup. I don't think there's anything you can do online but I wouldn't be too worried about it at all. People are still just getting off the waitlist and they won't be getting their OESC cards until after August 12th so UWO will be understanding.

Do I need to hold onto the original card and mail them a photocopy?

I won't be needing the original on me at school, will I?

Or can I just mail them the OESC card?

Yeah, I think we mail in a photocopy. I'm pretty sure we ARE supposed to have the card on us, but probably not until we start getting into the hospitals. I don't think we'll be asked to show it much, if at all, during our first and second years.

Does the OESC card arrive as registered mail? I received notice of a failed delivery attempt from the postal carrier regarding registered mail requiring a signature, and now I cannot pick it up until Monday. I'm hoping it's my OESC card! Well, at first I was hoping it was my application package finally arriving, but I see no one has received them yet, so the OESC card would be a nice second.

Archived