Premed 101 Forums

Paying Tuition?

Hi Everyone,

I was a little confused by the whole Aug. 17th deadline for tuitions, hoping someone here can help.

Although I've been approved for OSAP, I have $0 showing for expected financial assistance under Student Center. And LOC won't be released until start of classes for me, so how are we expected to pay the first installment of tuition? Does the Aug 17th deadline apply to us as well?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I was a little confused by the whole Aug. 17th deadline for tuitions, hoping someone here can help.

Although I've been approved for OSAP, I have $0 showing for expected financial assistance under Student Center. And LOC won't be released until start of classes for me, so how are we expected to pay the first installment of tuition? Does the Aug 17th deadline apply to us as well?

Thanks!

So what you want to do is look at how much you will get from the first installment of OSAP, and then look at what is due on August 17th. Haven't looked into it yet this year (gotta get on that...) but last year you had to pay the difference between your expected OSAP payment and your tuition due on August 17th, by August 17th. Not sure what bank your LOC was from, but it seems a bit wierd that you can't access the funds until the start of classes. Doesn't make much sense if you ask me, so you might want to contact your bank and see what they can do for you. It shouldn't matter at all when they release your funds since you've been accepted already.

If you have anything listed under the expected financial assistance on the student centre website thing, then you can deduct that amount from the amount due on August 17th.

Check out http://www.registrar.uwo.ca/tuitionfee.cfm

"If your September OSAP loan is not enough to cover your first installment of tuition, the outstanding balance MUST be paid by the due date on your statement of account to avoid a late payment charge. U.W.O. cannot release the loan until this is done."

and also,

"If you are unable to pay your fees you must contact Student Financial Services 519- 661-2100 for a possible deferment. A deferment will NOT be granted automatically. "

Hope that helps, now I should probably finish filling out my own OSAP!

Thanks! Okay the reason I asked was because my Student Center page did not say anything under "expected financial assistance" but the osap page told me what I was getting.

I also just got a reply from financial services and they suggested the same thing you did, so that is what I will be doing. Thanks again!

I applied for OSAP in June but when i check my status, it still says my appliation is on hold.I'm just wondering if anybody else has this problem?

you probably have to submit supporting documentation for something... I would call uwo financial aid... They could tell you what you still need to send in

you probably have to submit supporting documentation for something... I would call uwo financial aid... They could tell you what you still need to send in

Thanks missy10!

They had actually sent an email to my uwo email account but i never knew that account had become activated! i just checked it now and saw their email.

Archived