Premed 101 Forums

What was YOUR reaction?

When you FINALLY received that long anticipated acceptance letter whether it be off the waitlist or on the original offer of admissions, how did you celebrate? What was your reaction? Did you scream? Did you tell everyone you know? Or did you play it cool, calm, and collected?

What was your experience like?

When you FINALLY received that long anticipated acceptance letter whether it be off the waitlist or on the original offer of admissions, how did you celebrate? What was your reaction? Did you scream? Did you tell everyone you know? Or did you play it cool, calm, and collected?

Jumped around the house in my pajamas for 2 hours, like a giddy school girl :)

Called the school up and immediately rejected their offer. After 7 years of continuous turn-downs, it felt awesome to rain on their parade!

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if people are hiring for next year? I planned to go to med school, but that didn't work out (again, for unrelated reasons).

i raised my eyebrows.

edit: oh ya, then i called my mom. my dad picked up. i told him. he said good. then i hung up. then i called my girlfriend. she cried. then i told my roommate. he gave me a hug. then i went to school.

the first acceptance was cool calm and collected.. even bleh! my second from calgary was quite exciting... i was having an awful 2 weeks when i got accepted to u of a, so it was a bit of rain on the fire... cgy on the other hand was great because life was going awesome!

I was at work and got a phone call. Because I was on the waitlist I thought it was a cruel joke (because I was feeling my chances were slim). hahaha But it ended up being the truth. I think I only really "celebrated" (mentally anyways) after I read the forms on teh net, etc, even though I knew my sister wouldn't lie, mentally I couldn't "beleive it" until I "saw it"...it is a strange feeling, I'd say...

I was having a shower and the phone rang at (what I estimated to be) 9 am sharp... I jumped out and ran immediately towards the phone, slipped on the linoleum but didn't fall, and picked up the phone just as the message was being left on the answering machine... accidentally pressed the wrong button I was shaking so much, and hung up on the admissions director! I had to look the number up online and call back. I told her what happened and we had a good laugh. Can't believe it was 5 years ago...

I was having a shower and the phone rang at (what I estimated to be) 9 am sharp... I jumped out and ran immediately towards the phone, slipped on the linoleum but didn't fall, and picked up the phone just as the message was being left on the answering machine... accidentally pressed the wrong button I was shaking so much, and hung up on the admissions director! I had to look the number up online and call back. I told her what happened and we had a good laugh. Can't believe it was 5 years ago...

towel or no towel?

1) Stopped breathing.

2) Quickly reminded that breathing was necessary to sustaining life.

3) Took another breath.

UBC sent the letter to my house in BC before posting the acceptance online. I was in Ontario but my little brother got the letter in the mail, opened it, called everyone else in my family to tell them, THEN called me haha. The little shiet...I yelled in excitement for a while, then drank my face off

I saw an e-mail and figured it was some sort of admin stuff...then I opened it...got taken aback...reread it...then got excited...very excited...then panicked because I had a ton of paperwork to finish and I didn't think I'd meet the deadline...so now I was frantic and worried that finally after all this time when I finally get the offer it would be slipping away like a really mean joke. After that I chilled and am having one awesome summer :D

It was Feb. when I received my first acceptance and my family was away in Europe so I was feeling all alone, went to retrieve the mail and when I got inside, I realized there was a big white envelope with my name on it...I opened it up, read it, and had to re-read it because my eyes glazed over the first time haha...then I proceeded to run around my house like a mad-woman until all my energy fizzled and I fell to the ground in pure joy. I think I sat there for a good while contemplating life lol. Good times.

Every other one has been a bit anticlimactic after that one, but for a good reason (I now had some serious relief).

I was actually having sex when my blackberry went off on May 15. Since I didn't want to be rude to the girl, I chose not to stop right there and run over to see who the message was from. Instead, after 30 seconds I mentioned that we should switch positions. I decided to use that moment to reach over, grab the phone, and have a look to see my acceptance email. Like everyone else who has ever gotten that acceptance will tell you, it was better than the orgasm I would have a few minutes later :)

Then I had another orgasm less than 10 mins later when my second acceptance arrived. It was quite the multi-orgasmic experience.

pics or it didn't happen.

Archived