Premed 101 Forums

July 31st debrief!

polarb

SOOOOO glad its over :)

I thought PS was ok. I was able to finish and I had time to go through it again so that was good.

Verbal tho :( Holy philosophy passages batman. I didn't like that at all...I also ran out of time so I couldn't go over the passages but at least I was able to finish them.

BS was also ok. Heavy on the Orgo like the other exams so I think for Aug testers, you guys should do more Orgo.

Writing prompts were fine but I didn't really have a concrete example for the education one so I hope its ok!

But otherwise, it was good! And now its time to enjoy the rest of my summer!!!

Yeah I hear ya. The verbal passages were very humanities focused, hopefully that will work in our favour (everyone else bombed, and you and I did 'ok', boom 15!)

The education one prompt I didn't really have an example for AT, so I said there's a reason why "how to hurt people for no other reason other than to hurt them 101" doesn't exist. Sorta drove my point home (teach the humane values, stomp out the bad ones, and leave the rest of the values up to the individuals judgement...).

haha fingers crossed for the verbal scenario!

I think from Princeton, I had the idea drilled in that its best to have a concrete news example so I was kinda skeptical in putting just a theoretical example. But for an education prompt, its kind of hard to think of something on the spot! So much easier for political prompts, hopefully, they will take it easy on the marking!

the test was okay.

PS-->straight forward...more physical chem than physics

VR-->Lots of humanities passage. I agree with the above^

WS--> The prompts were decent...I had done them before. Esp the education one which was done as the first princeton essay.

BS-->It went well I think..lots of orgo (which I like) but that Respiratory passage was...:S

It's funny, everyone is different b/c most ppl I talked to found PS pretty good, but I found it pretty hard.

VR was VR... never know until you get the VR score back. Complete toss-up.

I was pretty happy with the WS, but the 2nd essay took me a bit of time to get a few solid examples so was a bit rushed. Decent prompts though.

BS was what I found the best. This is really weird since I didnt touch any practice organic passages, just went over a few key reactions and just concentrated on bio... not a great idea, but the organic on the actual test wasn't too too bad.

Lets just all hope for the best, thats all we can do now : )

I found PS okay - not bad at all.

I got to verbal and was not able to finish so I guessed some questions.

That freaked me out so I voided it immediately after VR.

I currently have 30 S with 8 in VR - I just wanted to boost my VR score and it didn't look like it would get boosted from this MCAT :( .

It looks like everyone found it challenging though...

• 4 weeks later...

I have no idea what to expect. I thought PS was very easy, but so did everyone else, so the curve is going to be scewed - ugh. VR made me want to cry, which made it hard to focus on WS and BS. I'm writing again on the 4th, regardless of how I do. But, if I do well, I will go in with a kickass attitude knowing that I have one set of good marks, so here's hoping! I have written it 4 times already. The first three times, I bombed one section, usually the essay :( I believe you can only write it 5 times, so I'm really hoping for this to turn out!!!

I have no idea what to expect. I thought PS was very easy, but so did everyone else, so the curve is going to be scewed - ugh. VR made me want to cry, which made it hard to focus on WS and BS. I'm writing again on the 4th, regardless of how I do. But, if I do well, I will go in with a kickass attitude knowing that I have one set of good marks, so here's hoping! I have written it 4 times already. The first three times, I bombed one section, usually the essay :( I believe you can only write it 5 times, so I'm really hoping for this to turn out!!!

You seem set to write no matter what...

But say by chance you got an 11,11,11 R.... would you still try again?

You seem set to write no matter what...

But say by chance you got an 11,11,11 R.... would you still try again?

Oh that would be so wonderful! I would take that in a heart beat. But, I would still write because I have been putting some time into studying and I won't get my money back at this point. lol. I would go in with an amazing super attitude and I think that would help so much! My GPA average is not competitive, so I really need an awesome MCAT score.

is it up yet?? gawdddd this has been eating away at me all day...don't want to check!!!

again i don't know. I needed to improve my verbal but I don't feel like I did with this VR.

I also have an awful feeling about writing...the topics were easy but I don't think I did a good job explaining myself....

eeeeeeek!

you can write it as many times as you want.

Really? I for sure read that you can only write 5 times then you have to get 'permission' to take it again. But, I read that last year and I haven't checked it out lately...

Also, some schools have a limit on how many times you can write it...

scores are up for the MCAT for July 30&31.

I did not too bad. 29Q (11VR 8PS and 10BS). No idea how I did so well on Verbal. I thought that was going to be the 8 not Physical sciences!! That actually is really weird... I definitly thought I did a lot better on my PS than that... :(

I am happy with my results, which means I am excited to write on September 4, knowing that there isn't a huge ball of stress on my shoulders (there still is a ball of stress because my GPA is not competitive at all)

9(VR), 12(PS), 10(BS) and P in writing sample. I would like to get above 10 in all, so heres hoping for September 4!

Ya I agree....I thought I did much better on PS than my score, but overall I am very happy.....I guess everyone must of thought they did well on PS (I guess it was just too easy). Oh well.

VR-11

PS-11

WS-S

BS-12

Total: 34S

Congrats thats a great balanced score. I would love those scores :D

Woo hoo! No re-write for me!

12 (PS)

11 (V)

12 (BS)

Q

I'm irritated about the Q, I thought I'd written convincing, well structured 'essays'. At risk of tooting my own horn, I commonly receive compliments on my writing.

I was consistently getting 13s on BS during practice exams, but other than that, this score looks exactly like what I was getting on my AAMC practice exams.

Congrats to all of you, and good luck to those of you who choose to re-write!

Archived