Premed 101 Forums

Demographics Question

Regarding the demographics question on the NOSM app.

I have lived in Sault Ste. Marie all my life, attend the University of Ottawa during the school year, returning to the Soo to work summers.

Should my break down my dem sketch to indicate the months I returned to the Soo in the summer, or just indicate 'Ottawa Sept 2006-April 2009' ?

I know, it's difficult. I lived in a number of other small communities during the past few years, but could not include them because NOSM only wants you to list them if you were there for a year or longer.

I don't believe you can include the summers--but you can include them in your essay answers.

Regarding the demographics question on the NOSM app.

I have lived in Sault Ste. Marie all my life, attend the University of Ottawa during the school year, returning to the Soo to work summers.

Should my break down my dem sketch to indicate the months I returned to the Soo in the summer, or just indicate 'Ottawa Sept 2006-April 2009' ?

Yes, do only include the places you have lived for a year or more.

Since you have lived in N.ON all your life, I'm sure you will get recognition for that on your application. Sounds like you are a proper Northerner. :)

Good luck!

• 7 years later...

I have a similar question, so I was hoping for someone to provide some insight to complement the answers above.

I lived full-time in X for many years. I then began undergrad, so during these 4 years I resided in Y for 8 months per year, returning back to X for 4 months in between.

Technically, I never lived in Y for a full year, so can I just say that I lived in X all this time?

9 minutes ago, TheApiarist said:

I have a similar question, so I was hoping for someone to provide some insight to complement the answers above.

I lived full-time in X for many years. I then began undergrad, so during these 4 years I resided in Y for 8 months per year, returning back to X for 4 months in between.

Technically, I never lived in Y for a full year, so can I just say that I lived in X all this time?

I moved back home every summer, so I only put my home address. However, I do think it's important that you demonstrate community involvement, employment, volunteerism, etc. in your home community during those summers, otherwise it might look a little suspicious. 

6 minutes ago, bornandraised said:

I moved back home every summer, so I only put my home address. However, I do think it's important that you demonstrate community involvement, employment, volunteerism, etc. in your home community during those summers, otherwise it might look a little suspicious. 

Perfect, thanks for the help!

Archived