Premed 101 Forums

Weighting formula?

It weighs in big time, especially post interview. In the post interview score breakdown, academics (GPA and MCAT) only count for 25% of the decision. Look around the site for the total breakdown.

I'm pretty sure that the interview is 45%, and 5% is reserved as bonus points for super high WS scores and graduate degrees. Also, Dal will only look at your most recent 2 years for your GPA.

The weighting is:

15 GPA

10 MCAT

5 Discretionary points

40 MMI (interview)

10 Essay

20 Supplemental (5 each: Interests; medically related experience; volunteer work; jobs)

I've noticed this breakdown doesn't include scholarships and awards, even though they are in the supplemental information section of the application. I take it this means they are included in the discretionary points?

I've noticed this breakdown doesn't include scholarships and awards, even though they are in the supplemental information section of the application. I take it this means they are included in the discretionary points?

Yeah, that's right. Others are working while in school (25+ hours per week), master's/phd degree, R S or T on the MCAT Writing Sample, and maybe something to do with varsity athletics (but I'm not 100% sure on that last one).

Archived