Premed 101 Forums

Application Status?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Does anyone by any chance know when the decisions letters will be sent out this year? I tried checking the website and sifted through the forum but can't seem to find it. If someone could enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated I'm in the depths of Africa and the internet is so slow/expensive. Thanks.

Two to three hundred maritime and approximately 60 non maritime applicants will be invited for an interview in 2010. The selection of applicants is based on the scores from the GPA, MCAT, supplementary information and the personal letter.

Only those with competitive applications will be invited for an interview.

Decision letters will be distributed on one date only, tentatively scheduled to be on March 15th, 2010.

http://admissions.medicine.dal.ca/decisions_feedback.htm

it is regular mail

btw even the acceptance letter come in standard white envelopes and are thin...

(MUN sends rejections in that type of envelope... i think, but they send wait lists and acceptances by priority mail in a big brown envelope)

(hehe thought i'd share the extra details to build some anticipation)

I missed this on the admissions site...

"The Admissions & Student Affairs office will be closed beginning Thursday, December 24th, 2009 through to January 3rd, 2010. The office will re-open on Monday, January 4th, 2010.

Interview notices to eligible Maritime applicants are tentatively scheduled to be distributed via email the week of January 4th, 2010.

The interview weekend is February 13th and 14th, 2010. More details will be included in the email invitations."

So I was initially supposed to hear whether or not I received an interview by Nov 4th for the early interview. That day came and went, with no word of rejection and the suggestions that many OOP's were deferred to the normal application process. However this page used to indicate that all interviews (maritime and non) would be given out on Jan 8th I believe. Now, it's just an update for eligible Maritime applicants? given that the interview is when it is.... OOP's are going to be left scrambling to organize themselves with travel and references if they do invite any of us at all lol.

Hey supafield,

I noticed that too. It was originally slotted for jan 8th, as I made note of it. However, recently they've changed it, and as you're citing, they haven't listed what happens to us OOP-ers. Uncool. hehe.

What's this I hear about invites coming as snail mail? I prefer e-mail. :P

EDIT: ah, it's acceptances and rejections. phew. haha

Called the admissions office about the timeline for OOM applicants.... and was told the admissions committee is now focusing on which OOM applicants willl be selected.... and when I asked if there was a tentative date to inform OOM applicants.... I was told not at the moment... but jokingly that it would be before February 1st.

So just an update for the curious/anxious. It may be a while still.

wait... if the ref letter is due Feb.1st for all applicants and the interview invites for OOP applicants are not out untill mid or late Jan, how does that give us enough time to inform our referee to tell them send the letter:confused: My referee sometimes take up to a week to respond to my emails.

wait... if the ref letter is due Feb.1st for all applicants and the interview invites for OOP applicants are not out untill mid or late Jan, how does that give us enough time to inform our referee to tell them send the letter:confused: My referee sometimes take up to a week to respond to my emails.

It's basically a big EFF YOU to their 9 OOP students :)

Hmm....maybe, one will have to pay to fedex, next day deliver, to get the reference letter there on time..

hmm...wonder, if Jan 20th is approaching and no word, and if you feel you have made the cut-offs, you should ask for the letter ahead.....so it is ready to go if you get that much welcomed invite..

Called the admissions office about the timeline for OOM applicants.... and was told the admissions committee is now focusing on which OOM applicants willl be selected.... and when I asked if there was a tentative date to inform OOM applicants.... I was told not at the moment... but jokingly that it would be before February 1st.

So just an update for the curious/anxious. It may be a while still.

selected? as in final selection? or selected for an interview?

I would assume, if the invites come out the end of Jan, an extension will be given to have the LOR in being everyone will be in the same position.

Or, we could begin the process early by asking for the LOR before the invite..

Flights might be rather costly to Halifax with short notice..can always book ahead with WJ, I think you get a full refund if you cancel in advance, if not a credit that you can give to anyone or use yourself at another date. Food for thought, on Mon one way flights with air can from TO were $1000 each way, and today they have some for the 13th for $139..quite the difference...if money is a factor.

Archived