Premed 101 Forums

Date for McGill Interviews

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hate to be the one bearing the bad news! I called McGill Dentistry and they said that the interviews this year will be held March 1st and 2nd. They said that they will send the interviews out 2 weeks before. So not before Mid Feburary. I asked to confirm if that was for OOP and the lady said yes! So I guess we have to give it another month!

are you sure this si right? march 1 is a monday...

why do all dental schools' websites look so outdated? design looks old, u of t still has 2007-2008 status up, etc...I mean they could at least update their sites with just one line saying "Interview invites will be sent out on ____"

so different from med school sites...i know they have more applicants and therefore probably get more inquiries etc but still! u of t med even has twitter =(

and minerva still says ready for review...

hahaha just after I said they don't update the site much, I decided to check out their website more throughly and I did notice some updates! no one else noticed this?

" Interviews will be conducted March 1st and March 2nd for applicants to the DMD Program. For those applying to the Dent-P Program, interviews will be held April 9th.

E-mail notifications for those granted interviews will be sent out by mid-February for the DMD Program and mid-March for the Dent-P program. Applicants are invited to follow the status of their applications on Minerva.

For those applying to the Advanced Standing/Transfer Program, those granted interviews will be notified in July/August. The start date would be January 2011."

also

"Interviews

The transripts and autographical letter, together with the reference letters contained in the reports from those referees chosen by the student, form the basis for a decision on whether an applicant possessing the academic performance criteria is to be invited for an interview. Selected applicants will be notified of 2 weeks prior to their interview date. Interviews for the DMD Program will be held at the end of February 2010 (exact date will be updated shortly). The files of candidates who are not invited for interviews are not considered further.

i guess we ll be getting invitations next week for sure now ...!!! 1 more week~

Oh gosh, I wonder if they put that up after checking PM101?? lol

If they interview late Feb/early March, when are decisions handed out?

From the admissions FAQ Page

"When are final decisions mailed out?

Final decisions will be mailed out within one month after interviews have been completed."

Archived