Premed 101 Forums

Pre-Med Symposium at Western

Hi everyone,

I am a Western Med just wanting to let you know about a really great series of talks we put on every year to help you prepare for your interviews. The 3-day Symposium is only $20 and all the proceeds go towards London Aids. It's a really good way to network with current medical students and ask us any questions. We are also selling the ethics book "Doing Right" for $40 (a steal), and this is the go-to book for many scenario based questions that you'll encounter during the admissions process! Hope to see you there!

WHAT: Students of Schulich Medicine Present: 3rd Annual Pre-Med Symposium

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/#/event.php?eid=217183859507&index=1

WHEN: January 26, 27, 28: 6-8pm

WHERE: University Hospital Auditorium A

PRICE: $20 (All money going to charity). Ticket sale TBA

DETAILS

Back by popular demand, we are excited to announce the return of our Pre-Med symposium. This is a three day symposium is designed to assist senior undergraduate students succeed in their medical school applications, specifically the interview process. While it is most useful for students who are in the process of applying to medical school, the symposium will be relevant to all students intending on going to medical school.

Day 1 – Dr. George Kim, MD, CCFP. Family Medicine Undergraduate Academic Director

Dr. Kim will be addressing the broad topic of ethics in medicine. In particular, the talk will be focused on relevant ethical principles that should be understood by those applying to medical school.

Day 2 – Dr. Lois Champion, MD, FRCPC and Dr. Jeff Granton, MD, FRCPC

Dr. Champion and Dr. Granton will present the history, present and future directions of the Canadian Health Care system. The talk will be focused on principles that should be understood by those applying to medical school

Day 3 – Students of Schulich Medicine

A panel of first year medical students will share their experiences with the application process and provide appropriate answers to questions you may have.

** As in the past, we will be providing light snacks and refreshments on all three days

I seriously recommand this session. Esp for those of you who's not done any/much of prep in terms of interview and don't know how the heck you are going to even begin. I went last year and it helped me so much.

'Doing right' is awesome for ethics prep. I believe you get the best deal too.. I tried to buy it online last year but buying it at the symposium was cheaper.

Plus, both Dr. Kim and Dr. Champion are excellent lecturers.

Hope to see yall there.

Hey, I didn't really know where to post this question. And I didn't want to make a new thread...I feel like I'd be polluting the forum for 1 simple question. :o

But my question is this: How is the weather in London? Is it really icy in the winters like waterloo? Or is it dry-cold, like the prairies? (i'm guessing it's probably temperate?)

Oh and another q: Is there a good transit system in London?

Hey, I didn't really know where to post this question. And I didn't want to make a new thread...I feel like I'd be polluting the forum for 1 simple question. :o

But my question is this: How is the weather in London? Is it really icy in the winters like waterloo? Or is it dry-cold, like the prairies? (i'm guessing it's probably temperate?)

been in london two winders so far:

london is known to get a lot of snow, bit warmer than waterloo though.

transit isn't bad (when it is not on strike :)) has a north south bias in relation to the campus though which is something to be aware of.

been in london two winders so far:

london is known to get a lot of snow, bit warmer than waterloo though.

transit isn't bad (when it is not on strike :)) has a north south bias in relation to the campus though which is something to be aware of.

What does that mean? North South bias? Buses predominantly go north-south? Not as many east-west buses??

As long as London isn't icy, I'm golden ;)

The amount of snow London gets compared to the surrounding area (Windsor/Toronto) is astounding.

Transit system is decent overall but pretty good near the U/downtown.

Archived