Premed 101 Forums

OOP - Is Dal your first choice?

For those OOP, is Dal your number 1 choice?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. For those OOP, is Dal your number 1 choice?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

random question here, biogirl. Did you interview at the early session? If so, were you paired up with a male for the first half of the station where you're paired up with another candidate?

EDIT: I just realized your name is biogirl's bro, meaning you may be male. If so, disregard this post. I was just wondering if you might be the person I was paired up with in one of the stations :P.

The accreditation issue is not news. And the term "Failed" is rather harsh. We are still technically accredited. We're just on probation for 2 years while we fix some issues, that are mostly administrative in origin. There is no issues with what we are taught and are graduates fair very well on licensing exams (we were ranked 1st for 2009 graduates) and in Carms matching. There are many other schools that are or were on probation at different times. They've already taking many steps to rectify the issues and have gone beyond in some areas, like the fact that they are doing a total over-haul of the curriculum right now.

Dal failed the accreditation process

This is either a troll or a person trying to hedge their game by getting OOP candidates to reject offers. This accreditation situation has been ongoing for about a year, and even before Dal's appeal regarding probation failed, many of the issues that were raised had been addressed. The Tupper Trail is the name of the new curriculum that Doc2B mentioned, and it's going to be a pretty amazing thing to be a part of.

For a semi recent update about the accreditation status (October, 2009), check out this link:

http://admissions.medicine.dal.ca/accreditation.htm

Archived