Premed 101 Forums

How did everyone do on UofT interview today?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interviewers need to find a better way hide their scoring sheet, lol. It was sooo distracting, I couldnt help but look at the scoring sheet of one of the interviewers. it threw me off, also couldnt maintain eye contact as much as I should've bcuz of that.

I pretty much saw all my scores for one of the interviewer (not that good btw), but the other interviewer was good at hiding his scoring sheet. lol i feel bad for looking at it, but I just couldnt help it.

28 is the average.. so that means most people get 4 on each question

anyone know if/when U of T gives us our interview scores? are they given out with acceptances or kept a secret? lol

because i may want to forgo my western interview and just transfer my toronto score over...

28 is the average.. so that means most people get 4 on each question

anyone know if/when U of T gives us our interview scores? are they given out with acceptances or kept a secret? lol

because i may want to forgo my western interview and just transfer my toronto score over...

^i have the same question

totally don't feel good now about it, but I'm sure that's because I can now come up with much better answers and smoother ways of putting things after a day's obsessing over my answers, LOL

My interviewers were sitting FAR down the table from me (like 2 ppl could have fit b/w me and the interviewer) so it wasn't possible for me to read the sheets. I think that was a good thing because I screwed up the first question and if I saw the marks then I would have imploded probably if I saw a 1 or 2 or even 3. I knew that the average is 4 on each question so anything below that would have thrown me off.

So the new job for my neurotic self now will be obsessively hoping that there are lots of ppl with high GPA and DAT with bad communication skills and zero ability to think on their feet and otherwise unappealing qualities that become evident in person...man if ppl with 4.0 GPA aren't bombing their interviews then the chances aren't the greatest for me.

But the catch is, I don't think it's possible to bomb this type of interview, everybody knows what to expect walking into the interview room, hence the high average score of 4/5 on each q.

Also, toronto lets you know your standing on teh waitlist so that's very nice of them. There is a world of difference between waitlist #10 and waitlist #30... If the former, then you can relax and count your days before you get formal acceptance. If you are waitlist #30 then what can you do beside feeling sorry for yourself...no need to get your hopes high and set up your self for a huge disappointment.

But the catch is, I don't think it's possible to bomb this type of interview, everybody knows what to expect walking into the interview room, hence the high average score of 4/5 on each q.

Is 28/35 the average score for people being interviewed... or is it the average score for people who interviewed and got accepted? I'm kinda leaning towards the latter lol

Is 28/35 the average score for people being interviewed... or is it the average score for people who interviewed and got accepted? I'm kinda leaning towards the latter lol

I've heard that around 28/35 is the average for those accepted.

You would surprised. I have a pretty good GPA (almost 4.0), but my interview was **** (first interview so kinda expected that) and it's worth 30%, so keep ur hopes up. everyone knows what kind of questions they ask, but some people get really nervous (like i did) and then you start talking like a grade 8 student, lol. Also didn't really practice and I am not naturally good at interviews or talking about myself.

on the positive side, learned a few lessons before UWO interview. I should be able to do well on that one.

You would surprised. I have a pretty good GPA (almost 4.0), but my interview was **** (first interview so kinda expected that) and it's worth 30%, so keep ur hopes up. everyone knows what kind of questions they ask, but some people get really nervous (like i did) and then you start talking like a grade 8 student, lol. Also didn't really practice and I am not naturally good at interviews or talking about myself.

on the positive side, learned a few lessons before UWO interview. I should be able to do well on that one.

Lol dude, you're like my doppleganger. I have the exact same sentiments with the nerves, but I did practice quite a lot. Hopefully my jittery way of conveying what I wanted to say didn't affect TOO MUCH of the interviewers' understanding of my content.

The scores are actually not averaged. The interviewers only mark the questions they asked.

thats the impression i got as the only time i saw someone marking was when they actually asked the question themselves.

so one person marks you 4 times, the other marks you 3? thats the consensus?

Archived