Premed 101 Forums

York's grading !

Hey. I was just wondering WHY according to the OMSAS conversion scale, York students can either get a 3.30 (B+) or a 3.8(A). What happend to the A - ?

Anywho, isn't this quite unfair seeing as how you either get a high mark (3.8) or low and potentially dream ending mark like (3.30). There should be an inbetween mark like there is for every other school that's on that OMSAS conversion scale.

What do you guys think? Any insight on this? Would this be bad for any dent hopefuls? Would York students be at a disadvantage? Any York students can tell me if this has impacted their marks significantly, and bad things about this ?

ps. I just want to well informed of what I'll be gettting my self into by going to York.

Hey. No offence but i didnt ask the question in hopes of feeling any better. I just wanted to know why that is, and if it plays to a disadvantage to york students. And anywho, I think 3.7 to 3.3 versus 3.8 to 3.3 is considerably smaller gap. I mean common, 0.1 counts for alot, right?

And aren't OUAC decisions due already ie. you're going to York no matter what ie. what's the point of having a coniption now?

hey GOB. Umm I believe i still have until mid May to make a decision. So anyway, can someone please try to explain to me why that is, i really want to know. Thanks

Archived