Premed 101 Forums

On a scale...

I kind of bombed one station, but several other people on my circuit agreed with me that it was weird, so it looks like it will probably average out. Otherwise I always felt like I had lots to say about the issues that they brought up, and rarely used less than the allotted eight minutes. Whether that really adds up to a successful interview I don't know.

If I were to assign a number, I'd say something like 80 +/- 5

It was an experience -- hard to put a number to it. Overall I think it went well.

Looking back, I feel like I couldn't have done anything different to prepare and felt I performed the best that I could have ... except for the last station. The excitement of it being the last station I think caused me to lose focus !

My first couple of stations were tricky and I know I was a bit shakey. The acting station was tough but I was expecting it to be. My final two stations were pretty good (according to myself......which doesnt mean much) so it was great to end on a bit of a high note. I'm remembering all of the stupid stuff I said though so I think I give it a 75 +/- 5 hahahaha!

The rep. from Niagara was hilarious this afternoon! I'd go to that campus just for him.

My first couple of stations were tricky and I know I was a bit shakey. The acting station was tough but I was expecting it to be. My final two stations were pretty good (according to myself......which doesnt mean much) so it was great to end on a bit of a high note. I'm remembering all of the stupid stuff I said though so I think I give it a 75 +/- 5 hahahaha!

The rep. from Niagara was hilarious this afternoon! I'd go to that campus just for him.

I thought his talk was the best part of that entire information session (videos included!)

I was stressed out going into the MMI, but I felt super relaxed once it actually began. It really was not too bad at all (for me, at least). I have no idea how well I did, but I felt more comfortable during my Mac interview than I did anywhere else.

Really folks , choose a number between 1 & 100 for ur MMI performance. We all know that it is our own perception & means diddly squat but give it a shot.Think of it like an MMI station where you are forced to make a choice-- your best choice.:D

Really folks , choose a number between 1 & 100 for ur MMI performance. We all know that it is our own perception & means diddly squat but give it a shot.Think of it like an MMI station where you are forced to make a choice-- your best choice.:D

lol - well dropping my lowest and highest and averaging the middle 8 stations, id give myself a 78.

haha...well, others' performance is beyond our control, true. And a single number or range is oversimplifying and making some assumptions, true. However, your "interview score" will be an aggregate similar to the 0-100 scale, except based on percentiles relative to other applicants that day. And as for your own perceptions meaning nothing, I see where you're coming from, though I'd have to disagree.

I know myself well enough to assess my performance in a somewhat objective way. I'm sure that goes for many others as well. Not only that, but the subtle, if sometimes unintentional feedback some interviewers may give (smiles, nods, "good point") also helped me line my perceptions up with the info that's locked away in Mac's file cabinets right now. :)

So I think most people that have made it this far have a fairly realistic perception of their capabilities and their actual performance today, yesterday, or on the 6th, relative to those capabilities.

I thought his talk was the best part of that entire information session (videos included!)

Is it just me or did he look like Dr. James Wilson from House?

I think I might have been a bit too relaxed/joking with a bunch of the stations. I'm afraid I might have come off unprofessional :( OH WELL!

Unprofessional, or a fun, well-balanced future colleague :D?

Overall, my experience was good. I did the 12-station Mac interview last year, and this year went much better! I am rather superstitious so I refuse to put a number to this round, but last round was somewhere around a 50 or 60... I came out complaining to my father of all the things I should have said. I was rejected. Sigh!

Archived