Premed 101 Forums

Toronto - extra marks for degrees?

i think they consider you in a diff pool

which has less competition

No they don't have a different pool I called and asked the only advantage grad students have is that their grad gpa counts towards something. Thats all the lady told me so the only advantage is having a 4.0 grad gpa I guess??? But I never specifically asked about extra points if your a grad student...

i think they consider you in a diff pool

which has less competition

the system at u of t is that if your GPA is competitive for the undergrad pool, you compete in the undergrad pool with a boost to your academic score because of the graduate degree. If your GPA is not competitive with undergrad, advanced degree means that you get a second chance at life and sent over to a grad review commitee which will determine if you are a competitive grad applicant overall. So, advanced degree at U of T can only help you and can never hurt you by putting you into a different, more selective stream

the system at u of t is that if your GPA is competitive for the undergrad pool, you compete in the undergrad pool with a boost to your academic score because of the graduate degree. If your GPA is not competitive with undergrad, advanced degree means that you get a second chance at life and sent over to a grad review commitee which will determine if you are a competitive grad applicant overall. So, advanced degree at U of T can only help you and can never hurt you by putting you into a different, more selective stream

Where'd you hear this?

Archived