Premed 101 Forums

Countdown to May 13 Thread

Queen's - Waitlist/Rejections @ ~7:55, Acceptances @ 1:15 p.m.

Toronto - Both @ 6:41 a.m.

U.W.O. - Acceptances starting as of 9:00 a.m. or so, Waitlists @ 9:20 a.m.,

Ottawa - Acceptances @ 8:27, Good waitlists around 8:55, Bad waitlist at 9:05 ish

Mac - Acceptances and Waitlists around 8:40 a.m.

N.O.S.M. - 8:37 for acceptances, waitlists, reserve waitlists and rejections trickled out over the next couple hours.

So... other than Toronto, you're pretty safe to sleep until 8:00 or so.... if you can lol.

I like how this list is so ridiculously precise haha :P . Thanks for the info! I think you've just saved quite a few people from refreshing for 12 hours straight!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did you get these times? :confused:

So pretty much expect slowed down internet service for these few hours throughout Ontario, lol?

I quickly searched "Invites out" in each Ontario thread.... and looked at the times people first posted....

You can be sure that someone on premed will have posted within one or two minutes of receiving their e-mail lol.

haha, I realize in hindsight how neurotic that post seems...

What I was really trying to say is you'll hear from most schools between 8-9 a.m. on May 13th.....

I just kept plucking out exact times of the first message I saw claiming to get an e-mail....

All these schools could change what time they let e-mails out as it's probably just a function of someone in admissions coming to work early to hit send.... So in the instance that no one has heard from any school at noon this may 13th please don't come hunting for me lol.

When premed starting displaying the seconds of posts... I'll go for ultra-precision... and will do some studies in the meantime to account for server delays and the speed of e-mail transmission.... I'm sure I have some physics equations to figure it out....

Haha, good luck everyone... we're getting there slowly but surely.

haha, I realize in hindsight how neurotic that post seems...

What I was really trying to say is you'll hear from most schools between 8-9 a.m. on May 13th.....

I just kept plucking out exact times of the first message I saw claiming to get an e-mail....

All these schools could change what time they let e-mails out as it's probably just a function of someone in admissions coming to work early to hit send.... So in the instance that no one has heard from any school at noon this may 13th please don't come hunting for me lol.

When premed starting displaying the seconds of posts... I'll go for ultra-precision... and will do some studies in the meantime to account for server delays and the speed of e-mail transmission.... I'm sure I have some physics equations to figure it out....

Haha, good luck everyone... we're getting there slowly but surely.

Dig out not only last year's posts but the year before and 2 years before then take average of those times. :D

I quickly searched "Invites out" in each Ontario thread.... and looked at the times people first posted....

You can be sure that someone on premed will have posted within one or two minutes of receiving their e-mail lol.

what would have been even better is if you found the email times for the last 5 years... so we can have a range or 95% CI for this year's times ;p

I was called up by a volunteer organization that I am very dedicated to, and they asked me if I was interested in volunteering for an event on May 13th at 8:00 Am... I knew I couldn't turn it down.. so I said yes! so much for my plan to pull an all nighter on the 12th haha... Now I think to myself If I will have the nerve to check the e-mail at the event...

I was called up by a volunteer organization that I am very dedicated to, and they asked me if I was interested in volunteering for an event on May 13th at 8:00 Am... I knew I couldn't turn it down.. so I said yes! so much for my plan to pull an all nighter on the 12th haha... Now I think to myself If I will have the nerve to check the e-mail at the event...

I bet u will! I got work the next day too and I am pulling off an all nighter most likely

I live in a different time zone (London - GMT 0) and have to go through that much more wait on May 13th .... Countdown plus 1,800 more second. (Actually, that doesn't make it seem as long)

Not if you change you're sleeping patterns to coincide EST despite your surroundings lol.

I'm actually surprised that the days are going by faster than I expected...but I'm sure it'll feel like forever for the last few days. :rolleyes:

right now I am more worried about my marks, once they get posted I will then start to worry about med school. One thing at a Time:)

My rant: Some profs mark the exams at a snail speed, wait actually they don't mark the exams because the exams are MC so wtf is taking them 3 weeks to yet post the marks? Speed up scantron machine!

right now I am more worried about my marks, once they get posted I will then start to worry about med school. One thing at a Time:)

My rant: Some profs mark the exams at a snail speed, wait actually they don't mark the exams because the exams are MC so wtf is taking them 3 weeks to yet post the marks? Speed up scantron machine!

At Western for the most part, no final marks are posted until the respective faculties adjudicate them. So you'll write an exam on April 5th and not see the mark until May sometimes, because the faculty waits until ever class is in before it sends it to the registrar to be posted.

Other faculties seem to do it in waves... it can sure be annoying though.

I'm most worried about my biochemistry course - it's placed on credit or no credit and my mark for that course before exam was really cutting it close :(...and I need this course for Ottawa. Are you in 3rd year btw?

Archived