Premed 101 Forums

The Waiting Game - Counting Down to May 13

someone said they already rejected their offer of admission this year...truth?

Its possible that MD/PhD offers were made, although I don't believe this has happened yet. Or there may be some arrangement that was made from deferring a pervious year's offer of admission.

Schulich has not released any acceptances. Another possiblity is that they were accepted to Dal and by confirming that acceptance they are declining other schools... but even in that case, they were not declining an acceptance, only an interview or a chance of acceptance.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its possible that MD/PhD offers were made, although I don't believe this has happened yet. Or there may be some arrangement that was made from deferring a pervious year's offer of admission.

Schulich has not released any acceptances. Another possiblity is that they were accepted to Dal and by confirming that acceptance they are declining other schools... but even in that case, they were not declining an acceptance, only an interview or a chance of acceptance.

does that mean that if you accept dal you are automatically declining other schools?

No... MD/PhD offers definitely have been made.... maybe not all of them, but at least some...

What happens if you applied to a program other than medicine that has a conditional acceptance date earlier than the med release. Does it affect your med standing?

That sounds like an interesting scenario, but I would doubt the two would interact at all and it wouldn't effect anything. Can you elaborate a bit on the programs in question? :)

That sounds like an interesting scenario, but I would don't the two would interact at all and it wouldn't effect anything. Can you elaborate a bit on the programs in question? :)

Teaching. It's not a primary thing, but I want to instruct in some capacity as a Doctor (whether at the University level in either Medicine or Anatomy/Physiology or community college) and so I figured it would be a good way to get that kind of experience without being in a program like a Masters that has the possibility of not being completed in a single year in time for the next application cycle.

We should seriously consider the prospect of cryogenically freezing ourselves until May 13. Worst case scenario they forget to unfreeze us and we wake up 5000 years later.

Has sci-fi taught us nothing? This always happens when you cryogenically freeze someone. Just a few examples:

- Futurama

- Idiocracy

- Star Trek TOS: "Space Seed" (+many other episodes)

Archived