Premed 101 Forums

a question for UfT students (or non uft that may know the answer)

ukie

how did your ROSI gpa compare to your gpa on AMCAS? A couple of my budies have mentioned that the rosi GPA tends to be slightly lower than those calculated for graduate/professional school .. not sure if this is the case for amcas. If someone knows please let me know :confused:

how did your ROSI gpa compare to your gpa on AMCAS? A couple of my budies have mentioned that the rosi GPA tends to be slightly lower than those calculated for graduate/professional school .. not sure if this is the case for amcas. If someone knows please let me know :confused:

same samamama

Who actually calls their school UFT??? It's U of T.

MANY! ... inclufing me. It's slang this is a message board so as long as we understand each other that is all that counts. :) Some may be pickier than other in terms of writting but its just a matter f personal preference...

My AMCAS GPA is higher than my ROSI GPA (~0.05)...it doesn't seem like much, but it's the difference between 3.85 to 3.90 or 3.65 to 3.70.

I'm surprised. How come? 0.05 is quite abit too.

It was because of lab courses.

did u happen to have a lot of lab courses?

Yes, I had 7 courses with lab (out of the 15 courses that I completed when I applied)...about half....wowww, in retrospect, I took a lot of lab courses...:(

oooh.. courses with lab? or courses which only has lab?

Both. My courses with lab (e.g. biology and chemistry) and my lab courses (e.g. courses related to my specialty) were worth more credit, which boosted my overall and science GPA.

I'm surprised. How come? 0.05 is quite abit too.

It was because of lab courses.

did u happen to have a lot of lab courses?

Yes, I had 7 courses with lab (out of the 15 courses that I completed when I applied)...about half....wowww, in retrospect, I took a lot of lab courses...:(

oooh.. courses with lab? or courses which only has lab?

Both. My courses with lab (e.g. biology and chemistry) and my lab courses (e.g. courses related to my specialty) were worth more credit, which boosted my overall and science GPA.

Archived