Premed 101 Forums

The Princeton Review Course in London

MansionMD

i didn't take the class but it seems like the consensus is that if you're a science major, going to classes will be useless because theyre teaching basic science. however, you do get the bonus of practice tests which are hands down the most useful thing you can do. but in that case, you can save yourself a couple grand and buy all the AAMC practice tests. or, find someone taking the course and use their account to do their practice tests :P

overall, the course is what you make of it

I just finished the course in London! I know a guy who's taking it this summer in London and he's supa cool.

I know a couple of the teachers I had are teaching it again this summer. The physics guy I had was UNREAL!!! He said he's teaching again so you might have him if London only has one section this summer. If you have our VR/WS lady (Ph.D in english lit) then you are set for those sections. She was awesome too! All the teachers were available basically 24/7 for questions and had random office hours throughout the course.

I agree with bj in that the course is what you make of it. I'm writing my Masters thesis right now and needed a structured study schedule for the MCAT or else I would have totally pushed it aside. I went to all the classes and while it was a huge time commitment, it was a huge help. I've been out of UG for a couple years, mind you, and my basic science knowledge went out the window about 2ms after I got handed my degree..so I needed the refresher. TPR gives you a ton of resources to study from..almost overwhelming. The online tests are really hard...harder than AAMC so its a pleasant surprise when you write an AAMC exam and destroy it :P

Overall, I thought the course was expensive but worth it for me. I interviewed at Mac this year so come May 13th the whole course could have been for nothing (lets hope so) but if I have to re-write, I feel way more prepared than last time I wrote.

Do you like lecture style learning? If not, the classes will be pretty useless, to be honest.

I hope it goes well!!!!!!

I took princeton review and i thought it was 100% worth it, even though i was a life science major at the time. I recomend taking it with friends; i took it with three friends and we were able to quiz each other and study together. Plus the competition edged us on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived