Premed 101 Forums

Ian Wong & PM101

:confused: Am I the only one who has heard about Iang Wong and his troubles keeping this site on? Apparantly, admission team from Ottawa, Mac and just recently, Queens(after the guy who was asking for itnerview questions for 50 bucks) are demanding that the site go down, or else he will be sued. I am really scared here.:(

Meh, you can't censor the internet. If the admissions officers took offense to these actions (and I believe they have every right to, as asking to buy questions is extremely unprofessional), they can do everything in their power to find out who the poster was. This forum is simply a medium, however, and is in no way responsible for the actions of the people who use it.

Shutting down this forum would be like demolishing the building where the ENRON scandal took place.

Meh, you can't censor the internet. If the admissions officers took offense to these actions (and I believe they have every right to, as asking to buy questions is extremely unprofessional), they can do everything in their power to find out who the poster was. This forum is simply a medium, however, and is in no way responsible for the actions of the people who use it.

Shutting down this forum would be like demolishing the building where the ENRON scandal took place.

I agree. To be honest, I'm not even sure if I believe these rumours. I do remember that a few years ago Ian was contacted by AAMC about the MCAT test sharing thread, and he had to take it down and post a warning for everyone not to start another thread asking for/offering AAMC tests (you can probably find it in the MCAT forum if you want to). That's a copyright violation, though, so I think it's completely different. I really don't think these rumours are legit and even if they are true, it's a futile effort for them.

They can complain about it all they like - the law is pretty clear here and it is on his side.

More than anything that would just be a distraction for a busy guy to go through.

If this site went down, it would just pop up again very shortly. Someone like me, or another programmer would just recreate it and even place it on a server outside of the control of those who would try to stop it.

You can't stop the signal :)

I guess you guys forgot the date?

Actually I was being serious - there really is (in a non april fools kind of way) very close monitering of the site by admins of the medical schools, and not all of them are particularly happy about parts of the site :)

They can complain about it all they like - the law is pretty clear here and it is on his side.

More than anything that would just be a distraction for a busy guy to go through.

If this site went down, it would just pop up again very shortly. Someone like me, or another programmer would just recreate it and even place it on a server outside of the control of those who would try to stop it.

You can't stop the signal :)

Definitely. :)

I guess you guys forgot the date?

I'm so insanely gullible, I've been tricked a few times already...

Lmao, you're coldddddd

LOL. She's the one who tried to panic me into thinking the legal battle was pushed up!

Later on in the morning, she and I called a councillor and told him there was a problem with the bank and we wouldn't be receiving the rebate on the new truck and now it's gonna cost more than we budgeted for....lol, poor guy didn't even consider April Fool's day...boy was he in a panic.

April Foooools :P (but there is, as rmorelan mentioned, some truth to it..).But everything I said about the selected schools in talks with Ian is fake fake fake, and there are no lawsuits what so ever

I wasn`t expecting so many serious responses :eek: I guess it worked :P

Wait until you see what I have in store for next year!

April Foooools :P (but there is, as rmorelan mentioned, some truth to it..).But everything I said about the selected schools in talks with Ian is fake fake fake, and there are no lawsuits what so ever

Who wants me to threaten this guy's paycheck too? Lol.

U got me but in a different way, I was gonna yell "troll" :D

Does UWO ask for LORs

What's the point of even asking how strong do they have to be? Obviously you're going to get the strongest you can...

Yes, they all need refs.

As an OOP for Dal and Manitoba, you only submit them after receiving an interview. Dal only needs 2, the rest need 3.

Actually I was being serious - there really is (in a non april fools kind of way) very close monitering of the site by admins of the medical schools, and not all of them are particularly happy about parts of the site :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :

seriously?

and which parts are they not happy about?

By some coincidence, me and a few others on pm101 were thinking of starting an identical thread today. Ironically, I forgot!

No can do. Take this down and two more will pop up. If they want info kept confidential, they'll have to find their own ways to do it. Forums are no different from people talking to each other- it's just on a larger scale.

Definitely. :)

I'm so insanely gullible, I've been tricked a few times already...

Haha... no worries. I fell for this one too:rolleyes:

I guess it just goes to show how plausible this one sounded? hehe... It couldn't be that I'm just gullible:p

Haha... no worries. I fell for this one too:rolleyes:

I guess it just goes to show how plausible this one sounded? hehe... It couldn't be that I'm just gullible:p

One of my good friends convinced me another one of my good friends asked her out today, and it's totally not believable, and yet I fell for it. Yes. I believe EVERYTHING. Thank God I don't want to go into business. :P

Archived