Premed 101 Forums

OSAP for 2nd degree

I did an M.Sc. and am now doing a second undergrad. I got the full osap amount last year and this year. I never applied for osap during my first undergrad or master's (i'm not sure if there is a max number of years you can apply?). Coming out of my master's I didn't have any savings, and then last summer I was working in a lab but didn't get paid very much. So I really need the help from osap otherwise continuing school would not have been possible. I don't think it matters that its a second degree... you do have to provide an explanation if your savings/income is less than ~$6000 a year. I think that you shouldn't have a problem getting osap.

I did an M.Sc. and am now doing a second undergrad. I got the full osap amount last year and this year. I never applied for osap during my first undergrad or master's (i'm not sure if there is a max number of years you can apply?). Coming out of my master's I didn't have any savings, and then last summer I was working in a lab but didn't get paid very much. So I really need the help from osap otherwise continuing school would not have been possible. I don't think it matters that its a second degree... you do have to provide an explanation if your savings/income is less than ~$6000 a year. I think that you shouldn't have a problem getting osap.

There is a limit, but it is actually quite high. You can receive up to 340 weeks of OSAP (more if you are a doctoral student) :)

Archived