Premed 101 Forums

Interview Fee?

GTGoose

Hi all, thanks for taking the time to easy my worries.

So I got an interview invitation from McGill a while back and I accepted, sending the ID pics they asked for. A few days ago, I was invited for a University of Montreal interview, which asked me to pay 100$ if I wanted to be a part of it. And then it got me thinking: I didn't pay anything for an interview at mcgill, was there a fee that I forgot to pay? And then I basically got worried that I forgot to pay and so lost my chance. So my question to you is: am I freaking out for nothing? Was there a fee that we needed to pay to McGill to go to the interviews? The emails didn't seem to mention anything about that, but I'm still a bit concerned.

Thanks for letting me know

Based on my experience last year, we didn't have to pay anything for the interview at McGill (although we did pay 200$ for the French universities...) Oh and did I mention that the food (which we didn't pay for) at McGill was extraordinary compared to the food at UDM. :D

Based on my experience last year, we didn't have to pay anything for the interview at McGill (although we did pay 200$ for the French universities...) Oh and did I mention that the food (which we didn't pay for) at McGill was extraordinary compared to the food at UDM. :D

Do they give us snacks, or is it actually a meal? I am in the morning group, so I was wondering if we get breakfast at 7 AM or lunch at the end, or both. :D

I am pretty sure the food isn't part of the confidentiality agreement. :P

Normand, without breaching confidentiality for the French speaking schools, are you able to give a breakdown of how many acting Stations, how many are like traditional interview and how many are questions to answers without any actors or traditional type interview questions?

There was one traditional interview that lasted 2 stations. One rest station. Around 3-4 stations with questions, and the rest was acting. However some of the acting were actually question based.

Do they give us snacks, or is it actually a meal? I am in the morning group, so I was wondering if we get breakfast at 7 AM or lunch at the end, or both. :D

I am pretty sure the food isn't part of the confidentiality agreement. :P

At McGill, we got snacks, breakfast (fruits, cookies, muffin) at the beginning and lunch (tuna, chicken, salmon sandwich, salad) at the end. Oh and they also give you cards to play while waiting for your interviews (that was fun! :P )

Archived