Premed 101 Forums

Miami Medical

mattg

:eek:

Did anyone watch this new medical drama that premiered last night... wow...

for anyone who things House has unrealistic daily diagnoses, Grey's has too much sex and extreme cases, Private Practice is just bad... watch this show... absolutely ridiculous, it's the most laughable thing I've seen on tv in a while... you have a guy walking in from off the street (nobody knew who he was) and starts doing a surgery in his t shirt, no gloves, no prep, no mask, no cleaning, no one knows who he is, but all of the surgeons are loving it... you have a team of surgeons doing like 5 surgeries at once... you have OR's in which the surgeons just walk into from the lobby and start doing surgery immediately, again, no masks or anything, no cleaning or prep... you have the chief of surgery undressing and walking out of the OR nude in the first minute of the show... you have (non)witty banter going on throughout the surgeries, zero resemblance to doctors, while this is supposed to be the team that gets all of the emerg cases on the verge of death... terrible acting, terrible catch phrases, cheesy characters, zero resemblance to medicine in any way... I know shows like Grey's Anatomy are unrealistic, but wow... this one is a joke... I give it 8 episodes before it's pulled (not because it's so incredibly unrealistic, but because it's just a terrible, cheesy show)

What's this attraction for medicine-based TV shows? :confused:

I don't know - maybe it is the "exciting" life and death crap, which is probably more interesting then doing paperwork all day.

Most of the shows have major surgery components - way over represented compared to the 13% of med students that actually go into that field :)

My favourite mess ups were:

-surgeon securing the airway; where's anesthesia?

-a resident trauma surgeon bagging during surgery; no RTs at the hospital?

-burn victim being extubated to say goodbye to his wife; guaranteed that his throat would swell shut immediately upon extubation, and now he dies gasping for air in front of his wife -- nice.

-burn victim on a ventilator seemingly without meds of any kind; that kind of patient would be full to the ears with rocuronium, morphine and propofol/ketamine.

-they wore glasses, which is nice (docs on other shows never wear glasses during surgery), but they chose to not wear masks. Presumably every patient who enters the OR at this hospitals dies of sepsis.

-they wore glasses, which is nice (docs on other shows never wear glasses during surgery), but they chose to not wear masks. Presumably every patient who enters the OR at this hospitals dies of sepsis.

I've also started to watch scrubs lately and I noticed they were wearing glasses too :P

Plus masks.

But I agree, this show is completely screwed up.

the show was tortuous to watch. I agree that with a title like Miami Medical you can't really expect too much, but I dunno I kinda thought it would be more like nip/tuck but more G-rated.

I was just so confused when the 'surgeons' weren't wearing any masks, first time that happened I had to turn the tv off.

the show was tortuous to watch. I agree that with a title like Miami Medical you can't really expect too much, but I dunno I kinda thought it would be more like nip/tuck but more G-rated.

I was just so confused when the 'surgeons' weren't wearing any masks, first time that happened I had to turn the tv off.

And what's up with this sitting on the roof of the hospital with your legs hanging over the side? I kinda wanted to push him off.

Yeah, ick.....corniest medical drama ever

And Nip/Tuck....loved it!

^^ LOL at that comment.

Archived