Premed 101 Forums

Anyone want to meet up post-interview on Saturday night?

Hi Guys & Gals,

I'm just wondering if anyone who is interviewing on Saturday is interested in celebrating with a few drinks (or potentially something else if that's not an interest of your's) on Saturday night. I'm interviewing on Saturday morning but my flight doesn't leave TBay until Sunday afternoon. I'm not overly familiar with Thunder Bay but prefer not to spend a lot of my time in my hotel room.

Give me a shout over PM or leave a message here if you are interested.

BigM

I'd love to but I'm interviewing Sunday....

So unless you guys are partying it up Saturday night in the Travelodge hotel restaurant (is there even one? haha), I won't be able to make it :(

I'm staying at the Travelodge Saturday night as well. And you may certainly still come and remain sober--we can help you keep your anxiety level down.

I'm staying at the Travelodge Saturday night as well. And you may certainly still come and remain sober--we can help you keep your anxiety level down.

People who interview on Sunday are certainly welcome to join us. I just don't want people who show up purely to try to obtain interview information from people who do it on Saturday.

People who interview on Sunday are certainly welcome to join us. I just don't want people who show up purely to try to obtain interview information from people who do it on Saturday.

LOL. Don't fret M, I'm sure a shocked look of disapproval would halt any inappropriate questions. There are lots of ways to help people prepare without crossing boundaries.

yes! i would love to meet up with people after the interview. I think I may be staying at a super sketch super 8 motel.. so I'd like to spend as less time there as possible.

Laura - your in luck - the Super 8 is right across the street (literally) from the Travelodge

But yes, it is slightly more "sketchy" :)

If you wanted to stay really close by without a crowded place the pub/restaurant attached to Travelodge (Fox and the Hedgehog) would be a good place to be. If you want something a bit more, say, what locals do - I would head up the street to the Madhouse (but it gets rather full - local fav).

Laura - your in luck - the Super 8 is right across the street (literally) from the Travelodge

If you wanted to stay really close by without a crowded place the pub/restaurant attached to Travelodge (Fox and the Hedgehog) would be a good place to be. If you want something a bit more, say, what locals do - I would head up the street to the Madhouse (but it gets rather full - local fav).

See? We'll be neighbours. Share a cab, perhaps. Lol.

Starting somewhere quiet is preferable to me. The place I'm staying is only 1 KM from the Travelodge so I could boot down there pretty quickly. The resturant there would probably be a great place to start off with dinner & drinks. I'd be up for checking out some of the local favorites after I have gotten a chance to chat up some of my fellow interviewees.

Starting somewhere quiet is preferable to me. The place I'm staying is only 1 KM from the Travelodge so I could boot down there pretty quickly. The resturant there would probably be a great place to start off with dinner & drinks. I'd be up for checking out some of the local favorites after I have gotten a chance to chat up some of my fellow interviewees.

I'm game and I'm very easy to please. Lol.

Sweet, I love how everyone is accomodating to my needs haha :D

Lol, well M, we have to change locations now regardless. The restaurant is under renovations--I found out when I crawled out of my room to look for breakfast.

I woke at 3am NLT and flew into TO and then up here. Lovely flight and what lovely weather!

Yes, it is beautiful here. It's not all freezing cold - like they stereotype us.

Although it is somewhat warmer than normal. It was -8 this morning when I woke. A beautiful +11 now and full sun.

Yes, I was told it would be much colder than my coast...from looking at Environment Canada, you're about 5 degrees ahead of us on average.

Archived