Premed 101 Forums

premed.com applicants

If you had to pick 5 people from pre-med.com applying to med school this year, who either (a) you would like to see get in, or (B) you think will get in, who would they be?

Just curious.

And if you are going to post "i want to see everyone get in" or "what a ridiculous post", please just don't post. (The latter may lose me most of my potential replies lol)

No more so than someone who get into med school with significantly lower scores. In fact, the other person deserves even more, if anybody, to pat him/herself on the back b/c this person really had to be very special to be considered and accepted with significantly lesser GPA/MCAT. In any event, perception is reality!

No more so than someone who get into med school with significantly lower scores. In fact, the other person deserves even more, if anybody, to pat him/herself on the back b/c this person really had to be very special to be considered and accepted with significantly lesser GPA/MCAT. In any event, perception is reality!

But this suggests that people with 4.0 and 40+ Mcats arent as special... a single tear falls down my cheek.

Yeh, WKim is the godzilla of this cycle..

I'd pick people who are actual contributors to this forum and who actually belong to this online community (you know who you are, probably reading this right now:)), and not just people who come to create an account to post their stats or b!tch about how they're fatigued from 10 interviews.

But this suggests that people with 4.0 and 40+ Mcats arent as special... a single tear falls down my cheek.

Everybody is unique and we are all special in our own way. MCATs are special indeed and doing well in MCAT is amazing and a serious accomplishment! I certainly did not mean to take away from these achievementsd from anybody, just as achieving a 4.0 is absolutely remarkable! Ans people should be deservedly proud.

And others too who don't have these achievements may be proud of their own accomplishments regardless of being at a lesser level objectively speaking.

I think in like and in the MMI we are competing with ourselves and not with others. We should each be striving to be the best of which we are capable and to constantly improve ourselves. We can have control over ourselves but not of others. Being personal, I never try to do better than another other than in a competitive sport or undertaking. I try to be better than I was yesterday. And this works for me. In the world, we are ranked one against another, as in the MMI and in our characteristics to earn a seat at med school.

The person who does not come close to a 4.0 PA or 40 MCAT who is offered a seat in med school has achieved his/her goal through diligence, hasrd work and forcus.

In summary, despite our flaws, we are each unique and special :) and may we each improve ourselves and others. :P

Please wipe the tear away and find that smile!

Everybody is unique and we are all special in our own way. MCATs are special indeed and doing well in MCAT is amazing and a serious accomplishment! I certainly did not mean to take away from these achievementsd from anybody, just as achieving a 4.0 is absolutely remarkable! Ans people should be deservedly proud.

And others too who don't have these achievements may be proud of their own accomplishments regardless of being at a lesser level objectively speaking.

I think in like and in the MMI we are competing with ourselves and not with others. We should each be striving to be the best of which we are capable and to constantly improve ourselves. We can have control over ourselves but not of others. Being personal, I never try to do better than another other than in a competitive sport or undertaking. I try to be better than I was yesterday. And this works for me. In the world, we are ranked one against another, as in the MMI and in our characteristics to earn a seat at med school.

The person who does not come close to a 4.0 PA or 40 MCAT who is offered a seat in med school has achieved his/her goal through diligence, hasrd work and forcus.

In summary, despite our flaws, we are each unique and special :) and may we each improve ourselves and others. :P

Please wipe the tear away and find that smile!

lol... I'm just going pick on you for a bit. :P It also takes hard work, diligence and focus (note the spelling, lol) to get that 4.0, 40 mcat... A second tear rolls down my cheek.

P.S. I hope you know that I am just poking some harmless fun! :P But seriously, good luck this application cycle

I agree. I personally know about 3 people who best him, although they werent as prolific in applying to so many med schools at the same time. They applied and interviewed at about 6 or 7...

You know 3 people with better stats than 42 and a perfect 4.0 gpa? (i can't remember wkim's WS. but i think it was R at least). There are only like 10-20 people in north america that score 43 or higher on the MCAT, and i bet not all of them have 4.0s either. (though maybe 50 42s). 42 and higher is only 75 per year...with the bulk scoring 42 according to the mcat percentile chart.

This means all of Canada probably has at most only 10 42+ mcats per year (and probably per cycle, as almost all of these guys get into medicine in a single cycle). i am doubtful you know >30% of Canada's top MCAT scoreres (who also have perfect gpas).

My MCAT, in comparison to wkim was mediocore!

You know 3 people with better stats than 42 and a perfect 4.0 gpa? (i can't remember wkim's WS. but i think it was R at least). There are only like 10-20 people in north america that score 43 or higher on the MCAT, and i bet not all of them have 4.0s either. (though maybe 50 42s). 42 and higher is only 75 per year...with the bulk scoring 42 according to the mcat percentile chart.

This means all of Canada probably has at most only 10 42+ mcats per year (and probably per cycle, as almost all of these guys get into medicine in a single cycle). i am doubtful you know >30% of Canada's top MCAT scoreres (who also have perfect gpas).

My MCAT, in comparison to wkim was mediocore!

Not all of them are in the same year, plus u of t is kind of enriched in high MCAT scores... and for 2/3, that gpa was the u of t gpa, not omsas. Plus, is the assumption that because Canada has 1/10th of the population, we must have 1/10th of the top scores true? Cause I have myself a 40, and when working in the MARS discovery building, almost every second undergrad person there has a mcat > 38. And what if I told you that my friends are the people who once represented Canada at international chemistry, physics competitions? To them, a 14 in biology would be kind of a fail... and the reason I say that they best Wkim is because of all these other things that they did that will put them in the top pile for anything. Plus two of them do have 42S and 43R.

Oh yeah... believe it or not, one of the doctors working in Mars had a 44S back in the day. :P

Archived