Premed 101 Forums

Largest percentage of students who continue on to medical school from any single uni

Hi,

I wanted to know, What is the largest percentage of students who continue on to medical school from any single university?

I heard that students at some universities, like Rochester, who apply to medical school have a greater chance of getting in. E.g., at University of Rochester the success rate of getting into med. school is 80% (according to admissions office when I asked them).

Are there any other universities with such good success rates?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

I don't know about specific universities but the LMP program at UofT has a relatively high medical acceptance rate (50%?). Although thats because these students had a least a 3.9 GPA in first year so they are likely some of the best students at UofT so it its not much of a surprise. I also believe the health sciences at McMaster also have a high rate as well.

I don't know about specific universities but the LMP program at UofT has a relatively high medical acceptance rate (50%?). Although thats because these students had a least a 3.9 GPA in first year so they are likely some of the best students at UofT so it its not much of a surprise. I also believe the health sciences at McMaster also have a high rate as well.

That's true at least at the anectodal level. I personally know a few/heared from that program that got into med school. All with crazy high GPA and EC. They are probably the best from UofT tho.

To OP mac health sci? has anyone mentioned yet? I think last time I looked at their stats was somewhere close to 70% got into med rest into dent/pharm/opt? Correct me if i am wrong.

That's true at least at the anectodal level. I personally know a few/heared from that program that got into med school. All with crazy high GPA and EC. They are probably the best from UofT tho.

To OP mac health sci? has anyone mentioned yet? I think last time I looked at their stats was somewhere close to 70% got into med rest into dent/pharm/opt? Correct me if i am wrong.

I mentioned it...lol

that... is... Bull****

The percentage might have been exaggerated but the fact that they do have a very prestigious pre-professional committee(pre-law, pre-med etc.) whose goal is to help their students to carve out a better application and to establish the right connections does warrent a higher percentage of successful premeds.

The best way to learn about this would probably be to read up on the SDN forum. Also I'm just relaying the information from someone who did their undergrad in the states.

The percentage might have been exaggerated but the fact that they do have a very prestigious pre-professional committee(pre-law, pre-med etc.) whose goal is to help their students to carve out a better application and to establish the right connections does warrent a higher percentage of successful premeds.

The best way to learn about this would probably be to read up on the SDN forum. Also I'm just relaying the information from someone who did their undergrad in the states.

There's a difference as to where those harvard graduates apply. Hypothetically If most of them applied to Canadian med schools I think most won't get in because GPA is soooo important here and the fame of the school you graduate doesn't mean anyting. But however in real life, those Harvard graduates applied to the American medical schools which care about where you graduate so it does help a lot.

Archived