Premed 101 Forums

Anyone move to Alberta for IP status?

Just wondering if anyone has moved to Alberta prior to applying for IP residency status... If so, what was the latest date you could choose in the application form (for determining how long you would've stayed in Alberta before the first day of classes)?

I heard from U of A admissions that 1 year before first day of classes was fine (so in theory, late August), but on the other threads, I read something about mid July being the latest date you could choose?

I heard from U of A admissions that 1 year before first day of classes was fine (so in theory, late August), but on the other threads, I read something about mid July being the latest date you could choose?

You're probably confusing U of A with Calgary. U of C starts in mid-July, so mid-July would make sense for them as the cut-off.

Just wondering if anyone has moved to Alberta prior to applying for IP residency status... If so, what was the latest date you could choose in the application form (for determining how long you would've stayed in Alberta before the first day of classes)?

Maybe people are saying mid July because of U of C. The U of C program starts late July and it still follows the same rules for residency (1 year before start of classes).

Archived