• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'll post mine

AA 22

PAT 22

Carv 17

i have no chance at ubc, so states are my only hope

what chance do i have if i'm a pharmacy student with a 81% grade?

Apply to Western/U of T. I would guess you would get interviews to both. What was your RC? AA 22 and PAT 22 are great!

i'll post mine

AA 22

PAT 22

Carv 17

even with AA 22 and PAT 22 you don't think you would be competitive for UBC? I didn't realize a 17 in carving was such a big deal...

i'll post mine

AA 22

PAT 22

Carv 17

You can still get another chance by taking another dat in november, you just need to improve your carving slightly !

I got the same as you hmmmmm for AA and carving

RC 22

Bio 23

Chm 20

TS 22

AA 22

PAT 26

Carving 17

I think I have a pretty good shot with a 3.9 cGPA. Which schools don't look at carving?

I PM'd you FissileBread. Good job on the scores by the way!

i'll post mine

AA 22

PAT 22

Carv 17

HA HA, I BEAT YOU!

I FINALLY BEAT YOU!!!

AA 20

Carve 23

PAT 22

RC 21

PS: don't ban me, I know "hmmmmmm" on a day to day basis and this is just banter.

damn

it seems a lotta ppl got 17 in carving

did people find that when we took it at Kits Gym, the soaps they gave were the most brittle, driest pieces of crap you've ever used?

for me:

Carving 17

RC 25

BIO 22

CHEM 21

TS 22

AA 23

PAT 21

I knew I bombed the carving, but I thought I could've done better on chem and the PAT...

blah...November here we go again!

haha

thanks for the comments

but ubc looks heavily at carving

so i have no chance there and i know it

i'm already a few years down pharmacy so my gpa ain't gonna change much

sigh...my GPA is crappy too...like a 3.4 right now using the UBC scale =(

haha

thanks for the comments

but ubc looks heavily at carving

so i have no chance there and i know it

i'm already a few years down pharmacy so my gpa ain't gonna change much

Unless things change, 81% wouldn't get you an interview at the Ontario schools either, unfortunately...

Er, saying that, I don't want to be one to discourage people from applying! But just keep in mind that this year an 85% in the best two years was needed to get an interview at UWO.

well...to increase my chances of course!

my GPA is lowwwwwww

to be honest, with AA of 23 I don't know how much you can improve...especially if you are aiming for canadian ones only with such low emphasis on DAT, i don't know if it's gonna be worth it

apply to states with that! AA of 23 wow you may get into pretty decent schools!

to be honest, with AA of 23 I don't know how much you can improve...especially if you are aiming for canadian ones only with such low emphasis on DAT, i don't know if it's gonna be worth it

apply to states with that! AA of 23 wow you may get into pretty decent schools!

yeah thanks Dr. Pepper.

i will

i applied to BU this year at the end of fricking January 2010, and I used my CDAT scores from last year (which were all a lot worse), and didn't get an interview or anything. Must've been my crappy DAT, my low GPA, and my extremely late application.

So I ended up delaying for at least 1 year.

Do you know if the American schools actually care about the 3 Letters of Reference? The reason I ask is that I only know one of my profs quite well as I worked for her before, the other 2 profs I've visited during office hours and have been on good terms with them, but obviously they don't know me as well.

With a lot of luck, I'll get into a decent American school next year. After that, time to worry about the financial part of the business :o

damn

did people find that when we took it at Kits Gym, the soaps they gave were the most brittle, driest pieces of crap you've ever used?

That's how I felt about the soap in SK. Way more dry/brittle than the practice stuff.

Unless things change, 81% wouldn't get you an interview at the Ontario schools either, unfortunately...

Er, saying that, I don't want to be one to discourage people from applying! But just keep in mind that this year an 85% in the best two years was needed to get an interview at UWO.

i know that i'm probably not gonna get into canadian schools

my primary goal is states

i'm just hoping that the fact that i'm in pharm might make them understand why its a little low.

81 is my cGPA, best 2 might be around 82-83 (hopefully)

still, not hoping for much in canada, mainly states (less tax when you make the big bucks anyway)

i know that i'm probably not gonna get into canadian schools

my primary goal is states

i'm just hoping that the fact that i'm in pharm might make them understand why its a little low.

81 is my cGPA, best 2 might be around 82-83 (hopefully)

still, not hoping for much in canada, mainly states (less tax when you make the big bucks anyway)

you can easily get into the US with those numbers. don't worry. btw tax is not lower there, fed tax has a max of 35%, where in canada its 29%. once you factor in provincial and state taxes and healthcare (which you have to pay for there), it will all work out to the same.

Archived