Premed 101 Forums

FEB DAT scores are out!

Hey Remote, if you don't mind me asking what is your gpa like? I didn't bother applying to UofM, but would like to know what they're expecting for next year (since... uhhh... I pretty much bombed this year's application round!)

My aGPA at the end of the year will approximately be 3.88 (out of 4.5), I will only have 2 years done.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did people find that when we took it at Kits Gym, the soaps they gave were the most brittle, driest pieces of crap you've ever used?

YESS stupid soap. luckily ended up just scraping through with a 20 on carving. thought i did better but oh well, maybe my measurements were off or something.

Finally got results in Vancouver area today

RC 25

Bio 24

Chem 20

ST: 22

AA: 23

PA: 24

Carving: 20

RC = 23

Bio = 22

Chem = 19

PAT = 21

Carv = 15

Rewrite? Think I could get into Western/U of T or anywhere else in Canada? GPA = 3.9

Thanks!

I know that UBC has a limit for carving scores... I think it might be 15 but you might want to look into that (they also look at the average of PAT and carving put together, and it's supposed to be important). Other than that I think your DAT and especially your GPA are competitive. Actually, GREAT gpa! Congrats on a job well done!

I know that UBC has a limit for carving scores... I think it might be 15 but you might want to look into that (they also look at the average of PAT and carving put together, and it's supposed to be important). Other than that I think your DAT and especially your GPA are competitive. Actually, GREAT gpa! Congrats on a job well done!

Thank you =)

Just got mine in SK.

RC: 24

Bio: 20

Chem: 18

AA: 21

PAT: 22

Carving: 8 (lol)

I'm pretty happy with that considering I did zero studying. The carving obviously would've been good to practice more... Only worth 3.75% of your admission score at usask though, and you just need a 3 to be considered.

Here are my Feb scores:

RC = 20

BIO = 22

CHEM = 25

TOTAL SCIENCE = 23

ACADEMIC AVERAGE = 22

PAT = 23

CARVING = 15 :(

I don't know if these scores are good enough for U of Manitoba

Should I apply to other Canadian schools?

Which Canadian schools does not look at carving?

My gpa is 3.2 and I have a masters.

Or should I apply to schools in the States?

Here are my Feb scores:

RC = 20

BIO = 22

CHEM = 25

TOTAL SCIENCE = 23

ACADEMIC AVERAGE = 22

PAT = 23

CARVING = 15 :(

I don't know if these scores are good enough for U of Manitoba

Should I apply to other Canadian schools?

Which Canadian schools does not look at carving?

My gpa is 3.2 and I have a masters.

Or should I apply to schools in the States?

You're fine for UofM, they take average of AA, PAT and carving, yours is 20 which is competitive (accepted people get 18-24 according to the site)

RC 22

Bio 19

Chem 19

AA 20

PAT 23

Carving 20

What schools would you recommend I apply to?

Also, do you think these scores are competitive enough for UBC?

They're slightly below average but should be okay, especially if your GPA is good.

RC 21

BIO 15

CHEM 13

PAT 21

CARV 30

My sciences are low because i was only considering u of a.. do you guys think i should retake in november ?

unless there is a good reason why sciences doesnt matter at u of a i think you should retake. carving skills are not something you loose easily, so with a little extra practice in november you should be able to get a 30 again. i'm sure you can manage better science scores than those.

Archived