Hi Everyone,

I got my Canadian DAT scores today.

RC 22

BIO 21

Chem 20

Academic 21

Perceptual 20

carving 15

I am going to apply to US dental schools. Do I need to write the American DAT as well?

Did anyone applied with canadian DAT scores and got accepted to us dental schools?

I really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks,

dedemed

i don't think you have to rewrite anything...both your AA and PAT are 20 and up which i think is good! but check predents.com to browse schools by stats

i got into case western and university of pennsylvania (both in mid-january 2010) with a 22AA and 21PAT. my total science was 22 which i think they may also look at? you just need to get your application in ASAP, when does it open..like june 3?! i got my apps in quite late (end of august) and so i didn't hear a single PEEP from the 6 other schools i sent applications to. no updates, no nothing! lol i was too lazy to call too but anyhoo, you don't want that to happen to you :)

get some really good letters of reference, write a good personal statement essay, do some shadowing :) GOOD LUCK!

also a heads up to those looking for an american bank loan, i emailed Citibank some questions...and this is what they replied:

The CitiAssist loan is available for 4 or 5 year colleges or universities and is a private credit based loan. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents and 18 years or older, must provide a co-signer. The co-signer would need to meet the following credit parameters:

- Must be at least 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

- Total debt income ratio of less than 45% (calculated by dividing your monthly debt by your monthly income).

- Verifiable household income of at least $18,000.00 a year ($1,500.00 per month).

- Satisfactory credit history.

Are you applying to Canadian schools as well? Your scores are good.

Hi Everyone,

I got my Canadian DAT scores today.

RC 22

BIO 21

Chem 20

Academic 21

Perceptual 20

carving 15

I am going to apply to US dental schools. Do I need to write the American DAT as well?

Did anyone applied with canadian DAT scores and got accepted to us dental schools?

I really appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks,

dedemed

Thanks a lot Fraises for your usefull info.

Did you have a good GPA as well?

My GPA is not competitive for Canadian dental schools, but I am going to apply to Western since my last two year average is like 84.2 which probably by next year is going to be below the Western cutt off. My cumulative gpa is like 3.2 but my last four years is like 3.7.

Thanks a lot Fraises for your usefull info.

Did you have a good GPA as well?

My GPA is not competitive for Canadian dental schools, but I am going to apply to Western since my last two year average is like 84.2 which probably by next year is going to be below the Western cutt off. My cumulative gpa is like 3.2 but my last four years is like 3.7.

if you get a 21+ on the DAT you will be good to go.

i don't think you have to rewrite anything...both your AA and PAT are 20 and up which i think is good! but check predents.com to browse schools by stats

i got into case western and university of pennsylvania (both in mid-january 2010) with a 22AA and 21PAT. my total science was 22 which i think they may also look at? you just need to get your application in ASAP, when does it open..like june 3?! i got my apps in quite late (end of august) and so i didn't hear a single PEEP from the 6 other schools i sent applications to. no updates, no nothing! lol i was too lazy to call too but anyhoo, you don't want that to happen to you :)

get some really good letters of reference, write a good personal statement essay, do some shadowing :) GOOD LUCK!

also a heads up to those looking for an american bank loan, i emailed Citibank some questions...and this is what they replied:

The CitiAssist loan is available for 4 or 5 year colleges or universities and is a private credit based loan. Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents and 18 years or older, must provide a co-signer. The co-signer would need to meet the following credit parameters:

- Must be at least 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

- Total debt income ratio of less than 45% (calculated by dividing your monthly debt by your monthly income).

- Verifiable household income of at least $18,000.00 a year ($1,500.00 per month).

- Satisfactory credit history.

Congratulations on your acceptances!

I'm really happy for you :D

mrnursing: thank you!! :D

dedemed: my total gpa is 3.74 Inc+/- or 3.76 W/O+/- I'm not too sure what Inc and W/O mean but when you send in your transcript to AADSAS, the website will get updated with this info they calculate...

there are a lot of schools you will be competitive for, stats-wise =] you should apply to schools that roughly have your entrance stats, but also lower entrance gpas and a few higher than your own, kind of cover a bit under and over if you know what i mean?

Hey guys,

Do you think I should apply to us schools with a gpa of around 3.3-3.4 with a dat AA 20 RC 22 Pat 22 or should I try to write the American dat to score higher?

Also, I got 8 in carving -_-, will this freak out American schools?

Hey guys,

Do you think I should apply to us schools with a gpa of around 3.3-3.4 with a dat AA 20 RC 22 Pat 22 or should I try to write the American dat to score higher?

Also, I got 8 in carving -_-, will this freak out American schools?

I don't think American schools look at carving, but I may be wrong.

If anything, I would look to bumping up your gpa. Your DATs look pretty good.

I don't think American schools look at carving, but I may be wrong.

If anything, I would look to bumping up your gpa. Your DATs look pretty good.

Thanks,

I'm working on my gpa the best I can but that is what it's going to be this coming cycle, no way around it. Even if I work my ass of in fourth year it still will be 3.4-3.5 :/ So I'm thinking maybe a higher dat will compensate for my gpa.

I'm thinking of US schools as well - do you think I stand a chance in Canada though?

cGPA = 3.9

AA = 21

RC = 23

PAT = 21

CARV = 15

Thanks!

Are you serious? You're golden dude. Especially in ontario where they don't look at carving.

You have to pay to send more, it's on the cda site.

yeah you can pay to send more

except the stupid thing is, there's this option to "confirm the school got your DAT marks" and it costs like an extra 20 bucks

what the f*ck??

it should already be included when you PAY TO SEND MORE!!! :mad:

• 2 months later...
yeah you can pay to send more

except the stupid thing is, there's this option to "confirm the school got your DAT marks" and it costs like an extra 20 bucks

what the f*ck??

it should already be included when you PAY TO SEND MORE!!! :mad:

Where is this option to confirm the dental schools got your DAT marks? I didn't see it when I was requesting additional DAT reports to be sent to the schools.

Archived