Premed 101 Forums

Memfi

Hello,

I've just been accepted for a MEMFI (med interview) which is held on April 18 in Montreal, I was just wondering what is the setting and what kind of topics will the interviewers look for? I was wondering how should I prepare myself except from reading the newspapers a little bit more than usually for that interview. Thank you for your help!

Une réponse en français serait tout autant appréciée pour les Québécois!

Si vous avez déjà fait ou connaissez quelqu'un qui a fait les MEMFI?

Merci!

Corinne

I understand there will be stations akin to traditional interviews, so be prepared for the usual standard questions, additonally, we should be able to tell why we want this med school. We will need to engage with the actor at some stations, there will be ethical issues. I think we need to be personable, professional ethical thinkers who are quick on our feet. I have prepared an MMI Package that you can obtain by sending a PM to Leon with your email address but 90% of it at least, at this stage, you should not look at if you get it. There are about 115 standard questions which I pasted in a post in the last few days, I think on the Sherbrooke site which will be helpful.....see you soon. GL!

Bonjour,

Tu devrais aller faire un tour sur les forums des universités francophones. Université de Montréal, Sherbrooke et Laval.

Future_doc a un peu près tout dit. Rendez-vous là-bas pour plus de détails!

Not only the forums for french universities, I find a lot more information is posted on the other university forums too due to the high number of users from the other provinces compared to Quebecois on PM101.

Even if they might not do MMI's, the gist of the interviews and ethical issues are covered in the other forums.

Not only the forums for french universities, I find a lot more information is posted on the other university forums too due to the high number of users from the other provinces compared to Quebecois on PM101.

Even if they might not do MMI's, the gist of the interviews and ethical issues are covered in the other forums.

Il est vrai qu'au niveau des informations sur les cas d'éthique, les autres forums regorgent de questions et d'exemples. Peut-être est-ce faux, mais j'ai l'impression que les MEMs francophones semblent beaucoup plus se baser sur des mises en situation dans la vie de tous les jours. Les stations avec des dilemnes éthiques sont plutôt rares, selon les années antérieures.

Ce que je conseille de faire en général, c'est d'aller visiter les forums francophones si jamais tu veux te renseigner sur le processus d'admission propre à Montréal, Sherbrooke ou Laval, mais comme Max le dit, jettes un coup d'oeil sur les autres forums!

What Is This Strange Language!!!

It is called "an offical language of Canada" (one of two) used, in theory, in any Court in the land. :)

And MEM = MMI!

MEMFI = MMI in French & Integrated, i.e., there is only one MMI in French covering all French speaking med schools, thereby avoiding the necessity of repeated indiviodual MMIs for each such med school the way it works for OMSAS med schools, etc. (end of lesson)

MEMFI = MMI in French & Integrated, i.e., there is only one MMI in French covering all French speaking med schools, thereby avoiding the necessity of repeated indiviodual MMIs for each such med school the way it works for OMSAS med schools, etc. (end of lesson)

It would truly suck if you messed up that one interview, you would not be able to have a "second chance" at another school >_>

It would truly suck if you messed up that one interview, you would not be able to have a "second chance" at another school >_>

Messing up is just not an option. :eek: Nor is speaking English! :) The "second chance" occurs next cycle. :mad: It has its advantages and disadvantages, as it is smack in the middle of final exams, at least it is only one interview. Depending upon which university, the chances vary, e.g., 1:3, 1:4.5. And my interview is in my home city, so there is no multiple serious travelling involved which is appreciated, it being a given that time is in rather short supply until the last exam is finished.

Archived