Premed 101 Forums

Verifier contact?

If admissions were to contact verifiers, would it be before or after interviews?

I ask because it's been quite a while since I informed most of my verifiers I would need them to verify for me. Perhaps I should inform them again?

For UBC my verifiers were contacted before I was granted an interview. For U of Calgary, they were contacted after the interviews.

I have not had any verifiers contacted regarding Ont schools that I know of.

Sounds like each school has their own system.

I did not remind any of them that they would be contacted, but the verifiers know me quite well as they were long term experiences.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this:

Hi,

I am wondering when verifiers will be contacted, if ever? Has that process already passed? I know it’s random…

I am curious because I may need to recontact some of them to remind them.

Thanks for the info!

Reply utmedadmissions

Hello JT. We do random checks with verifiers, not contacting all verifiers (simply don’t have near enough staff for that!) These checks would be done early in the process, prior to interview. There is no need to re-contact verifiers at this stage, at least from the UofT perspective

So it looks like there's no need to re-contact verifiers on our behalf.

So it looks like there's no need to re-contact verifiers on our behalf.

It's a judgment call.

You could send them a note, letting them know that you just completed your interview with UofT med school (they will be happy with that) and then, alert them to the fact that the university may contact them to verify your activities.

I just had my interview and my verifiers are aware of this and that they may be contacted in the next few weeks.

Archived