Premed 101 Forums

The wait is a killer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My supervisor is awesome. He's already booked the 13th and 14th off for noon time drinks at the uni pub and a it's-ok-if-you-do-squat day at work, regardless of what news I get lol.

and yeah, 13 instead of 15th. I guess that's an upside! I was thinking of taking a trip after my last term ever of undergrad, but it won't feel fun until I know what's in store for me next year so I'm waiting until after may 13/14th :)

Yeah I agree...So for those of you who will be working on May 13, are you guys going to check whether you got in at work or will you wait until you get home?

I think I'm going to do it at home... does anyone know whether we can tell if we got in or not just by the email's Subject line?

I think I'm going to do it at home... does anyone know whether we can tell if we got in or not just by the email's Subject line?

I think it depends on schools, but it would seem that most give indication if you get in....

Waitlists tend to be pretty generic titles... who knows though., that's just a trend I've seen around here.

we're almost there...3 weeks :rolleyes:

I'm finding it increasingly harder to focus on work. we have a huge lab calendar and I've marked different days on it...25 days to May 13th, 3 weeks to May 13th, 20 days, etc etc.... it's almost like a rolling joke in my lab! almost everyone knows the exact number of days left

Haha I know someone updating her facebook status 21... 20... etc. each day. :D

we're almost there...3 weeks :rolleyes:

I'm finding it increasingly harder to focus on work. we have a huge lab calendar and I've marked different days on it...25 days to May 13th, 3 weeks to May 13th, 20 days, etc etc.... it's almost like a rolling joke in my lab! almost everyone knows the exact number of days left

LOL. I think that's cute. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yessssssss! It's finally May! What are you guys planning on doing once your receive the news on May 13th?

Queen's is by far my first choice. I really like the people at Kingston/Queen's med. So I got 2 bottles of wine. I told my family that if I get an acceptance, I would share it with them, but if it's the other answer, I'm drinking both bottles alone.

Wine will 100% be my drink of choice that day no matter the circumstances. Then I'll probably go out for sushi or something equally awesome to celebrate/drown my sorrows.

After my hangover subsides, I'll probably go shopping..once again to either celebrate/drown my sorrows.

Wine will 100% be my drink of choice that day no matter the circumstances. Then I'll probably go out for sushi or something equally awesome to celebrate/drown my sorrows.

What kind of wine goes with sushi?

I have bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon. I hope that goes well with poutine.

After my hangover subsides, I'll probably go shopping..once again to either celebrate/drown my sorrows.

Sushi will also be the meal of choice over here, whatever the results.

Everything seems SO REAL now that it's May.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm feeling the nerves quite a bit for Queen's now. Maybe someone can help me out with some of these questions I have:

Is anyone outright rejected post-interview, or will only WL decisions and acceptances be given out on the 13th? How many are typically accepted off the bat? (Do they overaccept?) And finally, is the decision sent my email?

Hey guys,

I'm feeling the nerves quite a bit for Queen's now. Maybe someone can help me out with some of these questions I have:

Is anyone outright rejected post-interview, or will only WL decisions and acceptances be given out on the 13th? How many are typically accepted off the bat? (Do they overaccept?) And finally, is the decision sent my email?

Last year, a small fraction were outright rejected. It was likely because they interviewed 760 people. For a few years before that anyone who wasn't accepted was waitlisted. So with ~530 this year, they may reject a small few but they could very well just waitlist everyone.

As for how many are accepted off the bat... there isn't an official answer for this. As of 2007, they have minutes from one of their committee meetings addressing the issue. At the time they said they were only accepting as many spots as they had, but they knew other schools were making more offers than they had spots. There was question whether that placed them at a disadvantage and the only conclusion was that they would look into the idea.

The waitlist movement around premed last year seemed less than the year before which made me wonder if that was what they had started doing. However, premed is by no means the most representative sample so it may have just appeared like less people got off the waitlist. So speculation is all I got lol!

Archived