Premed 101 Forums

UBC English Required Course for McGill Student

Hi, I'm a McGill student right now and I had some questions about the one year English requirement. I sent emails to the admissions and they said a combination of ENGL 200/201 or ENGL 202/203 would be fine. So I took ENGL 201 this year, but I was weary of taking 200 because i was told it was much harder and some people have said they are taking EAPR250: Research Essay and Rhetoric instead, which might be easier. Would it be okay for me to take EAPR250 in conjuction with the ENGL201 I have already taken or should I just go with ENGL200 ? ---Also on the UBC med website they said either a year of English literature or a semester of lit and a semester of composition would be fine. Thanks---

Hi, I'm a McGill student right now and I had some questions about the one year English requirement. I sent emails to the admissions and they said a combination of ENGL 200/201 or ENGL 202/203 would be fine. So I took ENGL 201 this year, but I was weary of taking 200 because i was told it was much harder and some people have said they are taking EAPR250: Research Essay and Rhetoric instead, which might be easier. Would it be okay for me to take EAPR250 in conjuction with the ENGL201 I have already taken or should I just go with ENGL200 ? ---Also on the UBC med website they said either a year of English literature or a semester of lit and a semester of composition would be fine. Thanks---

you are right ENGL 200 is much harder. and you already answered your own question. EAPR250 should be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I just got the mail from admissions: They take EAPR in conjunction with either ENGL 200 or 201--- Sorry I new it probably worked but just wanted to confirm, the admissions was taking a while and course registration was filling up lol--- I just didn't want to be screwed -- Thanks!

Archived