Premed 101 Forums

Interim Year / Physio School

MGC

So, I am applying to med this fall (2010), and finishing my undergrad next spring (2011).

Let's assume, for a second, that I don't get into med anywhere. QUESTION ONE: What do people usually do in their year between applications?

I was thinking, since my ultimate backup (if i don't get in after 2 or 3 tries) is physiotherapy, that I should simultaneously apply to phsyio school next year. That way, if I happen to not get into any med schools next year, I could start physio school and then jump to 1st year med when I do get in. AND if I do not get into med EVER, at least I will have wasted no time and will be close to finished physio school by that point.

The only thing is - QUESTION TWO - would it be frowned upon? Leaving a professional school program like that? Or even consciously enrolling, knowing that I did not plan to stay on for the full degree?

So, I am applying to med this fall (2010), and finishing my undergrad next spring (2011).

Let's assume, for a second, that I don't get into med anywhere. QUESTION ONE: What do people usually do in their year between applications?

I was thinking, since my ultimate backup (if i don't get in after 2 or 3 tries) is physiotherapy, that I should simultaneously apply to phsyio school next year. That way, if I happen to not get into any med schools next year, I could start physio school and then jump to 1st year med when I do get in. AND if I do not get into med EVER, at least I will have wasted no time and will be close to finished physio school by that point.

The only thing is - QUESTION TWO - would it be frowned upon? Leaving a professional school program like that? Or even consciously enrolling, knowing that I did not plan to stay on for the full degree?

lol ppl do that all the time with their jobs... work at this company for a year and then move on to another company that pays better... i dont see why it should be a problem with professional schools... do they expect us to def like the program or something? you just need to come up with a very good reason i guess

Archived