Premed 101 Forums

Reference contacted

would they call anyone's verifier this late who was for sure not going to be on the waitlist or getting an offer? I figured by now they likely have the rankings done. I thought if you had a verifier called that was a good sign this late in the game (for being a waitlist or offer candidate). Not looking to give anyone false hope but just curious.

would they call anyone's verifier this late who was for sure not going to be on the waitlist or getting an offer? I figured by now they likely have the rankings done. I thought if you had a verifier called that was a good sign this late in the game (for being a waitlist or offer candidate). Not looking to give anyone false hope but just curious.

Errr...Read Jochi's comment? I think she said that none of her verifiers were contacted ever...and I think she goes to UA now...That's what I got from it anyway -- correct me if I'm wrong Jochi :P

Errr...Read Jochi's comment? I think she said that none of her verifiers were contacted ever...and I think she goes to UA now...That's what I got from it anyway -- correct me if I'm wrong Jochi :P

err did you read my comment properly?

My comment says nothing negative about not being called. Rather, i thought it was a positive if you did get called. It's random, so not everyone gets called. IF (a big IF, something i was asking) the rankings are done, then if you do happen to get called, i figured it could be a positive sign. I'd type slower but i don't think it would help.

err did you read my comment properly?

My comment says nothing negative about not being called. Rather, i thought it was a positive if you did get called. It's random, so not everyone gets called. IF (a big IF, something i was asking) the rankings are done, then if you do happen to get called, i figured it could be a positive sign. I'd type slower but i don't think it would help.

I was just trying to answer your question with the only information I knew (i.e. Jochi's comment). First, I obviously misinterpreted your question - things like that happen on the internet. And second, I thought you missed Jochi's comment and was simply trying to point it out in case you did miss it. Especially on a forum when people have very little information and are simply trying to help people out/update people with whatever information they do have, there's no need to be rude and insult anyone's intelligence/reading skills.

I was just trying to answer your question with the only information I knew (i.e. Jochi's comment). First, I obviously misinterpreted your question - things like that happen on the internet. And second, I thought you missed Jochi's comment and was simply trying to point it out in case you did miss it. Especially on a forum when people have very little information and are simply trying to help people out/update people with whatever information they do have, there's no need to be rude and insult anyone's intelligence/reading skills.

your initial post was rude, and i was returning the favor. If you can't see that, not much I can do about it.

really hope for my sake you are correct!

really hope for my sake you are correct!

hey, i was just thinking aloud and don't know jack about this as im just a pre-med. I've read on other school forms and people have had their verifiers called and still gotten rejected. That's why i was wondering if people think that the rankings are all set by now. If not, kind of ineffecient to check out everyone but after the past year, not much will surprise me. Good luck though!

your initial post was rude, and i was returning the favor. If you can't see that, not much I can do about it.

Yes, SV3, because I was intentionally trying to be rude on an anonymous forum to someone I don't even know. Again, I was simply pointing out a comment that I thought you missed since I know it happens often enough to me -- especially with all the scrolling involved on PM101. Wasn't really expecting a return of intentional rudeness to presumed/unintentional "rudeness"...but then again, I guess everyone has their own way of (mis)interpreting things on a forum (especially without the addition of tone of voice, facial expression and/or gestures).

Personally, I would have just laughed off a similar comment and re-clarified my question or post, as I am doing now. Haha :D.

Yes, SV3, because I was intentionally trying to be rude on an anonymous forum to someone I don't even know. Again, I was simply pointing out a comment that I thought you missed since I know it happens often enough to me -- especially with all the scrolling involved on PM101. Wasn't really expecting a return of intentional rudeness to presumed/unintentional "rudeness"...but then again, I guess everyone has their own way of (mis)interpreting things on a forum (especially without the addition of tone of voice, facial expression and/or gestures).

Personally, I would have just laughed off a similar comment and re-clarified my question or post, as I am doing now. Haha :D.

Well that's great for you. Hope you feel better now.

Lol. Not a fair one. I didn't even know I was in a fight :P -- but nice GIF either way. Anyway, back on topic -- anyone else hear back from verifiers? / Does anyone know up until when verifiers will be contacted by?

Yeah, one of my verifier has been contacted. I'm not reading too much into it just in case.

One of mine was contacted as well (actually, she was for several things as she is my skating coach/boss for Canskate). I figure it's at least a good sign that they're checking now still.... it means I haven't been ruled out quite yet. I still could be- but not yet... I hope! haha:p

Also- I love the Dilbert comic! :D

Archived