Premed 101 Forums

University of Toronto MPH Admissions 2010

4.0 in the past 2 years (I think you only look at your past 2 years).

Around 2 years of solid research with 5-6 conferences (1st or 2nd author on most of them) - research was in both neuroscience/psychology and epidemiology.

I really learned a lot about their program and tailored my letter to them (I think this really helped me out).

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow! Those are really amazing accomplishments!

I applied this year and I am pretty sure I wont get in. I have a 3.3 in my last two years, and around 3 years of research experience in part time positions and leadership involvements.

Should I be hopeful?

4.0 in the past 2 years (I think you only look at your past 2 years).

Around 2 years of solid research with 5-6 conferences (1st or 2nd author on most of them) - research was in both neuroscience/psychology and epidemiology.

I really learned a lot about their program and tailored my letter to them (I think this really helped me out).

I applied this year and I am pretty sure I wont get in. I have a 3.3 in my last two years, and around 3 years of research experience in part time positions and leadership involvements.

Should I be hopeful?

Bummer, especially with your name.... the 3 years of research should help though

yes I really hope so, that will do something. But I am sure there are very qualified candidates.

I did get accepted to the MPH program at Waterloo...however it is offered online, so I am not quite sure about that....

Bummer, especially with your name.... the 3 years of research should help though

• 3 weeks later...

Should I be hopeful?

I'm hopeful. I have a 3.5 and am on the waitlist for U of T, notified by email April 11.

yes I really hope so, that will do something. But I am sure there are very qualified candidates.

I did get accepted to the MPH program at Waterloo...however it is offered online, so I am not quite sure about that....

I was accepted in Waterloo too (and accepted in Victoria today). Waterloo looks promising, from reading http://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/14243-mph-programs-in-canada/. It seems like a well established school with a good database for finding practicums.

Archived